Svg Paper Print - Export to svg precisely

Hello everyone,

I have release new Blender add on Svg Paper Print. It’s export mesh, curve, and font object from top orthographic view.

Featured:

• Automatic create paper for preview purpose.
  • Works base layer, so it’s have more control.
  • 7 digit precise on metric, inch feet and pixel have more precise.
  • Fill object base material color.

I hope you like it.

PS:
Image above is created with Quick Plan.

5 Likes

Neat AddOn, I can see its usefulness. Though, I am a 2.80 user so haven’t tested it myself.

Curious as to why it only does ‘top orthographic view’. Any plans to add functionality to give users the option to export other orthographic views as SVG?

That would be useful to designers modeling objects not architecturally related.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I think give option to export other orthographic view is a good idea.

I made option to export other orthographic view on Pro version.

Trial with a bit ads :face_with_hand_over_mouth: : Google Drive

If you like it Pro version available on Gumroad :

1 Like

Looks really really great, but isn’t work here on Blender 2.81. :frowning:

Right now SVG paper print pro available for Blender 2.79 and 2.8x. Thanks.

Really? Holly Crap, my bad! Is there any possible of a refund?

SVG Paper Print Pro for 2.8x is available now, problem solved.

Hi, I purchased the SVG Paper Print Pro for 2.82. Unfortunately, I found some problems:

• the linked containers are shown az (0,0,0) position, not in the correct place
  • the array modified mashes did not show
  • the word origin always in the centre of the paper, so if I draw models - for example - in the positive x,y plane I can not put it into the centre of the paper

I think the correction of these problems may help to improve the usability of this addon…
best
Miklos

Thanks, your feedback is highly appreciated.

FYI: Glowforge (laser cutter) svg import objected to single quotes in first line of the svg file. Don’t know if this is common or just glowforge.
After swapping for normal quotes in spp_svgPrint.py (Pro version) line 287, everything imports without error. Thanks for a great tool!

someText = ‘’'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ascii"?>

Thanks for the addon! I will try to use it for laser cutting a box. I had two small issues with the latest version:

• A3 produces a very wide SVG (but the preview in Blender is correct now)
  • If you are in edit mode and then click export, weird things happen

Apart from that, works fine and looking forward to the laser cut test!

Thanks for purchasing SVG Paper Print Pro.

• V 1.0.82 now available. It’s fixed print output error on A2 and A3 paper size.
  • Make sure you are in object mode when click export.

hello for some reason it doesn’t work.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Laci\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\svg_paper_print\spp_addPaper.py”, line 252, in execute
drawPaper()
File “C:\Users\Laci\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\svg_paper_print\spp_addPaper.py”, line 209, in drawPaper
paperCo = getPaperSize()
File “C:\Users\Laci\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\svg_paper_print\spp_addPaper.py”, line 161, in getPaperSize
scale = (scene.scaleY/scene.scaleX)/1
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: ‘_PropertyDeferred’ and ‘_PropertyDeferred’

I have make an update, it’s works fine on Blender 2.93 now.

1 Like