SWAT KATS - Chance "T-BONE" Furlong 2021

The pair is now complete :slight_smile:

My take on Chance ‘T-bone’ Furlong from the epic TV show: SWAT KATS.

Chance Furlong, the ‘big guy’ amongst the two and pilot of the Turbokat jet. He’s THE ACE PILOT in the SK universe. Jake/Razor’s best friend and his ultimate rival. T-Bone is very protective of his partner and their jet, gets extremely upset if anything happens to either. The more daring of the two—in his willingness to take chances (especially when piloting the craft). He often flew them out of tough situations, refusing to eject, and coaxing his “baby”— the Turbokat — to perform.

In case you haven’t seen the show, the two pilots(T-bone and Razor) are grounded after their pursuit of archvillain Dark Kat sets them at odds with the headstrong Commander Feral. Reassigned to duties at a military salvage yard, Chance and Jake create their high-tech jet from discarded parts and dedicate themselves to protecting the city in their secret identities as the SWAT KATS. Armed to the teeth and ready to roll, these masked vigilantes continue their quest to bring down Dark Kat and other threats to the city.

Made with :heart: on Blender

61 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

4 Likes

Thank you @bartv
That feeling of getting featured and the smile it brings hopefully will never get old. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Thank you bartv.

1 Like

Grats. The sequel is here! You got T-BONE done. He looks really strong (and a little evil actually lol). The top gun shirt is funny.

1 Like

Nice. How was the render time with fur?

1 Like

Awesome looking character!

1 Like

Looking Good ! Is he animatable ? :smiley:

1 Like

About 10 hours :sweat_smile:

Yup I got it done. Thank you so much. Top gun addition was like a funny thing that came to mind. :slight_smile:

He is UV unwrapped and rigged. This single frame took about 10 hours, don’t even want to dare and try to get 24 -30 frames to from a second. :sweat_smile:

Thank you!

I was thinking about Swat Kats as I made my spaghetti tonight. The action cartoons I was remembering are Street Sharks, Mighty Max, and Inspector Gadget. Of course Ninja Turtles was classic. Then there was Reboot for CG. Tail Spin was good I think, but I don’t think I saw a lot of it (like Swat Kats). Then for other cartoons, the Pink Panther was ace, I liked Felix the Cat too. Then you know Rockie and Bullwinkle? and Quick Draw McDraw? I almost forgot Johnny Quest. There must be others too. Scooby Doo was so so. The Smurfs was pretty good. And remember Captain Planet? I have a positive association with Care Bears although I don’t think I watched much of it. I think I saw a lot of Chip n’ Dale: Rescue Rangers. Tom and Jerry was nice too. Flintstones was so so. I don’t know about Jetsons either.

2 Likes

I am happy that my art could evoke a trip down the memory lane. So glad! I certainly remember the golden hour on Cartoon Network. It went like Swat Kats, Johnny quest and Centurions. Remember Centurions? It was awesome. I used to really like it. Captain Planet was also okay. I remember the opening tune though… “Captain Planet, he’s the hero, gonna take pollution down to zero.” Those were the days. I also used to like speed racer, whacky racers. Felix the cat, Top cat. Atom ant. I used to like that guy.

Let’s be honest, Captain Planet wasn’t that good, but kids watched it anyway LOL
I remember the Centurion action figures. It reminded me of He-Man though, that was a classic, right?
G.I. Joe was in a similar vein. Let’s be honest, that cartoon wouldn’t fly so well anymore LOL
If you haven’t seen the Pink Panther cartoons, I remember them being great
I knew Speed Racer would come up, maybe I should try Speed Racer again. The theme song just seems over-the-top cheesy feel good. GO speed racer GO speed racer GO speed racer, gooooooo. That Mach 5 looks killer though, and the song reminds me of some of my favorite 60s tunes.

1 Like

Re-renders from mistakes would have been fun!

1 Like

Do you remember the speed racer movie. It was pretty cool too. So many shows. So many memories. I think I should take up one of these for the next render.

Haha. Well I made many mistakes. Re-renders after re-renders. However progressive rendering really helped. I could make out errors in the geometry in the first few seconds of a 10 hour render.

Great character and render :+1:

What tools did you used with Blender, did you use a texture library ?
Did you do painting textures or it’s mainly it seems materials per object ?

2 Likes