Sweet Revenge! The Parade!

Sorry I’ve been away so long! I’ve been focusing on my irl show now and it’s going fantastic! I fill the restaurant’s reviews with more about me than the food! But I have actually been working hard on Blender in the past couple months on sculpting, I heard the only way to get good at it is to do it so I did!
I made an entire Halloween parade based off Halloween Horror Nights, specifically their 1950’s vintage Halloween section which I just loved to be in more than anything.
I wanted to make a love letter to that area and to the whole event, and I also wanted to better myself with sculpting, so I did both and make the entire event into a parade, turning most major parts of it into parade floats designed by me!
To combat my horrible lag I obviously retopologized everything, as well as every time a couple parade floats went off screen I would render it in viewport, then delete those ones add in the new parade floats and continue splicing the film to make it look continuous!
I would’ve loved to have put in fog, more diverse and better looking buildings, more parade floats, and the rest of the decorations from the original place, but it was laggy enough as is, and I did want to move on to other things as well! So this is my Sweet Revenge full Parade! Enjoy!

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering whether you were ok.

That’s excellent!

So is the parade. So much imaginative detail, and I recognized some callbacks to shops you have made. The animation is cool too, I especially like the three buses twirling around, with one of them just off; funny!

And wow, you’re really squeezing everything you can out of your computer.

1 Like

You betcha, there is always a way to do something even if my computer deems it impossible, just have to think of a solution to go around it!

I got over 60 props now and I do magic every single day rather than just Halloween or Christmas! And now that this parade passion project of mine is done not only can I start working on Stupidia again but my other projects too!

3 Likes

Wow, that magic gig really has developed since its beginning. Congrats!

wow test wow.