Switching shaders on a single face with an image

Assume I have a big white ceramic plate (built as a single face / quad) with a small black logo screen printed in the middle. The ceramic plate is white and glossy, but the logo in the middle is black and has different reflective properties (I would also want different bump maps on each of these parts). What is the best way to construct this in blender?

Edit: Also, I don’t want to use BI, I mean with cycles / material / shader nodes.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/718/samplescreen.png

Here’s my current node setup, it’s not what I want as a final result but it illustrates what I’m trying to do. I read up about the layer weight node and it seems from the description to be what I want to do, mix shaders based on an input, which for me would be a UV mapped black and white image of where the decal will be on the model. But looking at the input and output sockets of the layer weight node, it seems totally unintuitive and I don’t really understand how to use it.

I think I have a lot of difficulty with nodes because even if you read up from available sources, you’re not always left with a good idea about how the node interprets an input (a more detailed explanation of how the node interpets inputs would be nice in fact). I have an idea about what I want to do, I just struggle to see how to do it with the nodes that are available. Maybe I’m doing it wrong because I’m misunderstanding the way that the factor socket on the mix shader node works…if anyone has some knowledge they can send my way, I’d really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Edit: Maybe a better question would be…if you wanted to put a screen printed logo on a coffee cup, and have different shaders and bump maps for the cup and for the logo, how would you do it? (or what would be the best way)

Figured it out: here’s my working node setup. The above setup should work as well, just make sure your image is in fact selected in the image texture node :stuck_out_tongue: http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2826/55515975.png