⚔ Swordtember 2023 - Who uses the sword?

Faith Schaffer posted her yearly Swordtember prompt list:

The prompt list is here! This year’s prompts are themed around the wielder- who uses the sword?
I hope this list proves inspirational for those who design swords exclusively and those who may want to design a character along with a sword. Have fun! #swordtember

Post your work with the swordtember2023 in Finished Projects to add it to the event gallery. Have fun!

For some inspiration, check out this video by Kay:

33 Likes

How does this work? Do people make one sword every day or you just pick a sword theme and post it that day? Does one post it in finished projects?

Each number on the chart represents a day of the month. The idea is that you make a sword (each day, or as often as you feel) that matches the theme of the current days date. So on the 1st, you make a sword for a witch. The 2nd, one for a wizard, etc…

Finished projects should be fine. If you plan on doing the whole month, or multiple entries, then a single thread with constant updates might be the way to go. Just tag it with swordtember2023 as Bart suggested.

6 Likes

Supacute! :crossed_swords:

1 Like

Enchanted Kaleidoscope - Blade coal 2023 promotion! This needle weapon configuration hit quite hard outta no place, and the wineglass nearly matches it as well.

Hello! Is it ok if 2D concept artists joins in this prompt challenge?

1 Like

I guess if you use at least some part of Blender, otherwise it defeats the purpose of posting on this forum. I’ve seen people make some wicked 2d art with the grease pencil.

3 Likes

If you click the link at the very top, you’ll see that there are no medium restrictions - so go nuts!

If you plan to use something other than Blender to create your art, but still want to participate here, on this forum, (This is a general art challenge I think, so normally people just post to their socials with the relevant #) then you can post your artwork in the Traditional section.

4 Likes

thank you very much!

1 Like

Are there a bunch of swordtember posts that I am missing or not many people participating? I know I’m having a ton of fun with it so far!

See here for the posts so far: swordtember2023

1 Like