T-shirt designs.

Hi guys i have been doing some T-shirt designs for my countries Greens party.

I talked to their two main politicians today they are keen to get me doing more for them, and hopefully some good sized campeigns. (i want to do Election billboards for my countries next election, fingers crossed i will)

well here they are

http://doug.mudpuddle.co.nz/gallery/d/1908-1/web1.jpg

http://doug.mudpuddle.co.nz/gallery/d/1910-1/web2.jpg

http://doug.mudpuddle.co.nz/gallery/d/1912-1/web3.jpg

they are already being printed on t-shirts, infact i am wearing one :stuck_out_tongue:

i plan to do more in the series, all using the same font, and having the same style, all of course including our planet as the central feature.

Alltaken

omg they want us to go back into an ice age! :o

lol seriously they look good. good job, and good luck for the election billboard. that would be cool :wink:

Personally, I don’t think I’d spend money on a t-shit :stuck_out_tongue: .

Nice work.

T-shit?

That’s like a T-shaped turd?

Not too far from the truth.

Alltaken, shouldn’t you atleast have New Zealand shown on the globe?

Is Helen what’s her name running again? She scares me…

But do they take into account what life was like before the ice age we are coming out of… Think 95 degrees F. in ontario…

exactly what i thought.

as much as i am not a huge fan of the greens, these are pretty damn cool :smiley:

amped: you are thinking of Darth helen clarke.

//that image has NOT been photoshopped

MY GOD NO! THE EARTH IS IN AN ICE CUBE! WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PSYCHE! :smiley:

Nah, only joking - great designs.

Not too far from the truth.[/quote]

interestingly my profession is “industrial designer”

that means i design products, appliances, furniture… all the things we attribute the most to pollution, fashion, and thus climate change.

i think you will realise its not about changing the way of life of people, but changing the opinion that we get everything for free.

anything we do now, our children will need to clean up, is that fair?

things like elecronics, using 10w of power when turned off… that is bad design. the greens are not about getting rid of electronics but they are about making them designed better, they are about using no lead in them…

they are about using non-toxic chemicals in clothes… its actually cheaper for companies to use the 16 non-toxic dyes (that can make every colour you wish) than it is to use the 16,000 toxic dyes.

do you want to weartoxic clothing?

people who think the greens are a bunch of hippies… well many of the are. but they are not trying to push a hippy lifestyle, they are just trying to bring pollution to a reasonable level. currently pollution is happening that doesn’t need to, and pollution is happening that has no economic advantage over not polluting.

I am trying to push the Greens more towards corperations than people. i see that is the biggest area. and it has been proven to be cheaper for corperations to be environmental than not, so the message just needs to be out.

Alltaken

dam! how bout a tooth burger sandwich! …i’d still tap it :smiley:

alltaken, the first image is cool, the third image is cool too, but i thought that the earth could be a bit more recognizable? i like the style.

Wu… you are a sick… sick man, well… um at least I think your a man…?

Anyway in 4.5 million years the sun goes supernova. Got any t-shirts for that one???

that means i design products, appliances, furniture… all the things we attribute the most to pollution, fashion, and thus climate change.

i think you will realise its not about changing the way of life of people, but changing the opinion that we get everything for free.

things like elecronics, using 10w of power when turned off… that is bad design. the greens are not about getting rid of electronics but they are about making them designed better, they are about using no lead in them…

they are about using non-toxic chemicals in clothes… its actually cheaper for companies to use the 16 non-toxic dyes (that can make every colour you wish) than it is to use the 16,000 toxic dyes.

people who think the greens are a bunch of hippies… well many of the are. but they are not trying to push a hippy lifestyle, they are just trying to bring pollution to a reasonable level. currently pollution is happening that doesn’t need to, and pollution is happening that has no economic advantage over not polluting.

I am trying to push the Greens more towards corperations than people. i see that is the biggest area. and it has been proven to be cheaper for corperations to be environmental than not, so the message just needs to be out.

Alltaken[/quote]

I’m sure all of us here can appreciate that in one way or another: Cleaner/efficient goods = More profit (if you’re going to look at it that way) + Cleaner planet eveybody’s a winner! :smiley:

What I do get angry :x about is people going on, and on, and on, and on about how “polluting” cars are. Now this may well have been true 20, or even 10 years ago - when we used leaded/sulphur petrol and cars used to spew out every dangerous chemical under the sun - but engine technologies have advanced to no end, and now they produce nothing but Carbon dioxide and water (granted, they are Greenhouse gases, but what’s better, water or acid rain?)

actually its a lot more complex than that. disposal costs of waste materials. cleanup post-consumer. (i.e. the government subsidisation of the manufacturer by paying for disposal, and proper waste facility maintainance)

but effectivly its about creating sustainable products. sustainability is not just about saying somthing is bad it needs to meet these three requirements.

Sustainable, Environmentally (is food for a biological or technological food chain)
Sustainable, Socially (doesn’t harm society by its creation, also allows for jobs, and ongoing jobs)
Sustainable, Economically (its creation will not put your company out of business, its cheap…)

most things are able to be made sustainably, technology of recent times is amazing, plastic can be biodegradable… products can be made to be disasembled… does it cost more? currently a few cents, but soon it will be cheaper. but if you factor in post consumer costs, its cheaper already.

What I do get angry :x about is people going on, and on, and on, and on about how “polluting” cars are. Now this may well have been true 20, or even 10 years ago - when we used leaded/sulphur petrol and cars used to spew out every dangerous chemical under the sun - but engine technologies have advanced to no end, and now they produce nothing but Carbon dioxide and water (granted, they are Greenhouse gases, but what’s better, water or acid rain?)

Carbon dioxide is the big issue right now. global warming is a fact, and yes i agree its getting better, but being better doesn’t mean its not bad.

i use a car, i need to use one. but as a whole society can push for alternatives to petrol that actually cost less (in the long run).

is it an instant thing? no, but it will happen and that is the drive.

what gets me is people who buy an inefficient vehicle, which cancels any technological effect, and adds in a whole pile more pollution. you know who you are if you drive an SUV and never take it offroad more than 2 times a year.

remember station wagons? :stuck_out_tongue:

i am not anti-cars, i am pro options.

the future is with sustainability, we cannot live how we are now forever (its a fact) the reason i support the greens is they know this and are trying to do somthing about it sooner than later. once the world accepts it as a fact and is sustainable then greens all over the world will be obselete, their job will be done.

Alltaken

Hmmm… T-shirts eh? Looks like a four color processprint. Hope it prints right, from what I can tell your toughest design will be the ice cube. I don’t think those dot patterns will wash out that well.

Nice T-Shirts! I been thinking of doing some T-Shirt designs.

And about the cars. If you’re driving around in your Lincoln Frickin’ Nauseator, and payin’ 15k dollars for a car you can’t frickin’ drive, then you’re hurting everybody. I mean if you bouth a car for 10k and paid less than $100 for gas every month, then you could help people who, I don’t know, don’t have any food because all your crap pollutin’ the air. But then when they slap their little Jesus fish on it, don’t get me started.

But, nice T-Shirts.

O wow, man I do not like liberals.

I mean if you bouth a car for 10k and paid less than $100 for gas every month, then you could help people who, I don’t know, don’t have any food because all your crap pollutin’ the air.

How can you help ppl that are starving if you buy a more effeciant car? You need a cat-scan or two.

SirMikey

Not to get on too much of a debate, but I interpreted Saxofoner’s confusing comment to possibly mean:

Gasoline is expensive, so if I buy a car with better gas mileage, I’ll save money, and can use that money elsewhere, such as donating it to charity, plus I’ll be using less gasoline so I’ll be polluting the air less, which only has been proven to damage the economy (and quite possibly had an indirect effect on putting a few people out of work).

But yah, some people are nonsensical. And I dislike people that say “wow I do not like liberals,” since they are generalizing way too much by assuming that one person’s comments are indicative of every one.

By the way, I kind of agree that the cube on the third shirt is a bit hard to make out as the Earth at first. But I really like the ice effect! I also really like the simplicity of the designs, which would fit perfectly on a shirt.

Great job.

Alltaken[/quote]

Typical misinformed green philosophy.

a) Wasting power, I think everyone agrees that it useful to use less power, but it most cases the economics don’t justify the added expence. Where they do it make sense.

b) Dyes in clothes. Dyes in clothes are not carcinogenic, they are fixed in place and therefore cannot leach out. Even if they could leach they are not absorbed across the skin barrier. Some of the dyes used in clothing are carcinogenic if ingested, but noone is suggesting you should eat your clothes. There are plenty of known carcinogens produced by plants, if fact the most deadly chemicals known are produced by respectively a bacteria, botulin, and ricin from the castor beans.

c) Well by your own confession a lot of the greens are pot smoking hippies.

d) I was originally a believer in man induced global warming, but now I’m a skeptic. The major problem I have is that at the concentration of carbon dioxide we have in the atmosphere carbon dioxide causes only a very small increase in green house warming. The major greenhouse gas is water vapour. So the modellers have to assume that an increase in carbon dioxide is going to cause a positive feed back in the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere. This is an unproven assumption. As a scientist you get a feeling for shonky science and this seems to me to be shonky science. I have since found that there are many other scientists who are skeptics or agnostics about global warming.

http://www.envirotruth.org/myth_experts.cfm

including de Freitas a professor of geology at Auckland University. You can read his reasoning in the paper publiished in Bulletin of Canadian Petroleum Geology:

Here is an interview with Freitas in the New Zealand herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=26&objectid=3516831

The greens only get votes by garnering fud, fear uncertainity and doubt.

Actually what’s funny is that it seems Europe is going to cool down due to the effects of global warming, so the keep it cool and the icecube might not be a very good idea if you want to say something against this. :slight_smile:

And yes, there is sceptism about this area, especialy since global climate changes seem to be periodical and since we are just leaving or just have left a small ice-age, some warm-up would only be natural, so I’m skeptic too, however this should not mean that we shouldn’t minimize the strain we put on our environment, since if skeptic are wrong, it might be just too late to change things, and also, greenhouse effect is not the only problem there is.