Tayacan's Geometry Node adventures

Hi there,
I’m a programmer using Blender to make assets for my video game projects - mostly lowpoly modeling. However, recently, I’ve been interested in learning geometry nodes. And then I got the flu, and I’m sitting at home being bored, so it seemed like a good time to start. I’ll post some things I make in this thread.

So far I’ve followed a few tutorials, and I’ve started working on a little procedural terrain. For now, here’s a render I made based on a tutorial.

Tutorial link - it also shows how to animate it, but I do not have the patience to render an animation right now.

5 Likes

Configurable chainlink fence from this tutorial

The chain segments don’t quite line up perfectly:
But it looks pretty good from a distance, I think.

I also did this old rusty cage all on my own, no tutorials. That one was fun because I got to learn how to unwrap procedural geometry (with a little assistance from the support forum). And I tried to make a spooky little render out of it, but that is definitely outside my area of expertise.

3 Likes

Not a geometry nodes project yet, but I wanna try making a couple of models in this style, and then see if I can use geometry nodes to make a larger building:

It’s inspired by the white villages in Andalusia.

1 Like

Some wall sections. Will work on corners and such tomorrow, unless I get distracted by something else.

1 Like