TBW - An UpBGE Blender Game!

Thanks buddy same to you as well bro.

I’ve been eying Krum Battle Arena for a while now your combat system is amongst the best I’ve ever seen in a blender game, although I do intend on looking up to yr system as I’d like to add some light saber combat in my game.

People are asking for Jedi Academy styled combat i know it’s possible but will take quite a while to setup especially considering doing all animations, all the base animations i can get from mixamo it’s just the fighting styles that i have to do all from scratch which I will do.
(It’s just the mechanics that ive planned already for how everything will work out but I haven’t actually set up any combat system atm)

May I ask how did u do the AI combat system, I have no trouble in setting up AI (already I have basic Zombie behavior, NPC AI that just walk around and do simple tasks which is basically playing simple animations) it’s just AI combat when to attack when to counter the players attacks? (Just those simple systems)

Fred/K.S

Well the AI in Krum-BA is relatively simple. Basically I set up several distances to the player in the mobs ai - attacking distance, charge distance, flee distance, drink potion distance…ect. and according to the mob state he is doing specific animations,movements…settings. It’s kinda state machine , if the mob goes in a certain state he starts doing specific things and only another specifc state can push him out of his current state. Like he will continue to attack you until his health goes down to 10% then he will try to flee to a certain distance from you and drink his potion if any. If no potion he is just trying to flee then attacks again.
It’s all a matter of how you imagine what your enemies will do and then just start setting states. - and yes, a lot of “if-elses” are invloved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohhhh i see the system already yeah thats genius BTW, i’ll work on something similar but to be honest i love Ai combat its fun working on.

Alright then but thks for the tip.

Fred/K.S

1 Like

TBW - April 2019 Update!
(EEVEE Cinematic Wallpapers Begin WIP)

Cinematic Wallpaper Update: EEVEE Render Cinematic (WIP)

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

5 April 2019 UPDATE:

• Okay Guys with regards to the actual Development of the Alpha Demo Build this is my current progress at the moment while im busy with Trailer 2 and 3 Anonymously!

So ive been working on the Map of the Official Demo which offcourse will be the BETA and Alpha version of the game and ive been testing out the world with regards to the visual aspect of it as well as the preformance side of it, take note that ive only used nodes to achieve this and not any post process effects and no post process effects are on! (Yeah so this means no Filters such as Bloom, Chromatic abbertion and the rest were used to achieve this just purly node based setup)

At this point this is currently a template build of the full map the full map of the 1st mission of the game, the game is designed in a level system each level is named as a mission beacuse the mission will be structured in a way that you tackle various objectives throught that respective mission

so as u can see the terrain is completely wide with a nice view of the horizon in plain sight and the beautifu sky which will be improved later on as time goes and also the lighting will improve alot as well so that we can achieve casted shadows when players, objects and things are in the scene.

This is the only map that players will have when the 1st Public Alpha build gets released later in the year, there are different regions but the whole planet is 1 Biome desert dry and dusty, dune dust will be added later on as well as well as NPC’s, In Game AI and Active realtime procedural Transports that the player can board and even play inside at free will!

The other regions on this planet will consist of as u can see in the picture: - Desert Sea Of Dunes - Rocky Grand Canyon - Flat desert Valley as well and the rest will be un ocupied terrain, i’ll be sure to also spawn in desert procedural NPC Animals as well fully animated as well !

Not to mention but the graphics will change with time only for improvements if u find that certain things have been downgraded or removed it’ll be for performance issues only.

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

New April Update 2019:
(The BlenderWARS - planets)

W.O.R.L.D.S

• This update showcases one of the maps during pre-alpha build for testing, it has only been now that i have managed to do quite alot on it and so far this is a new planet that will feature in the final game. (just to let you guys know in the final builds all these worlds will be fully designed at planetary scale so brace yourselves)

• This Planet is the Ocean Planet i wont spoil the name this early in the gaame’s development but this planet will be complete at some point with a fully built city as well, where players will tackle a mission in the singleplayer story’s narrative. (The template just showcases how the planet may look like things may change later on, especially on the performance side of things)

Textures will be fixed and improved, like i said this is only a template!

The Vendators will be boardable, players will be able to also play inside these giant spaceships!

The waves are realtime and animated however while tackling this i encounted a significant performance decrease cuz im tiling the ocean in parts which is taxing on the GPU/ CPU!

The ocean is GLSL i broke up abit of code from martinish’s scripts and used and slapped abit of nodes for the texture effect for the surface of the water.

The city is currently incomplete and i will add more buildings and Finnish the surface platforms and interriors as well as texture the landing pad’s or strips.

The clouds are spawned in by my new procedural spawning system. (Just to let you guy’s know there is full day and night cycle and time of day already integrated, i’ll showcase this in the showcase video later in the month like i did for the grass though i did not do it for the Desert)

• Teaser Trailer 2 progress is going abit slow i just need to have a few character models done and well textured the scenery is already setup its just the sequencing and recording then editing left then i should be done.
    (This Ocean Planet template will be showcased like i did with the Grass planet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f0VtrvkXao only thing is that the video may be delayed due to the Teaser Trailer being made.)

Guys i must say you guy’s have been very supportive of TBW project i truly appreciate yr reactions, Views, Likes and feedback it means alot to me and keeps me motivated to continue, hope you all enjoy the rest of the month. :sunglasses::+1:

Happy Blendering!

Fred/K.S

8 Likes

oh my god, this is truly amazing. i am completely blown away by the work and time put into this. i cant wait to play. keep up the good work man, i am def keeping an eye on this project.

1 Like

Great pictures and great athmosphere! Next amazing BGE project along with Krum! Can’t wait to test it. Hope my old PC will be able to run this game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @nixodemus1 I am so greatful for your feedback keep posting here and keep motivating me to keep me inspired.
(I’ll be back later in the month with videos uploaded to my channel and posted on my thread as well)

Fred/K.S

1 Like

There will be 2 versions of TBW:

• Standard Version (fully and well Optimized)
  • Definitive Edition (this will be a totally High End version & it will be very heavy on performance but it may require High End Rigs to play nicely)
  • Lite Version (Aimed at targeting low end pc’s)

• The standard version is the level my current Pre-Alpha demo is running on, so the Alpha Demo which I’ll be releasing towards the end of this year will be optimized graphically and performance wise.
    So the game should be able to run on your system, there will be graphical setting that can be tweaked to your own personal liking & for your own TBW game experience.
    (I’ll be sure to add low setting for Low ends, the high end settings will all be there.)

The Game in general is designed for mid range hardwares, and the Standard version of TBW is the best way to experience the game to its fullest.
(AND THIS IS ALL FREE TO PLAY!!!)

• Definitive Edition of the game is for showing off with complex Game systems (basically a tech demo styled version of the Game) and also visuals will be pushed as far as UPBGE can possibly Go, basically cinematic level. (By cinematic i mean the level of the Teaser trailers im releasing and even possibly at Eevee level Graphics)

I’ll try to Push UPBGE’s limits as far as gameplay and visuals are cocerned, by doing this kind of a build it May result in the game being Buggy and glitchy due to the nature of our game engine.
(This build will be very resource intensive for Low end pc’s and mid range pc’s and even possibly high end PC’s)

Thanks again @CYNIC78 for yr feedback buddy keep supporting the thread & I’ll be sure to post more content later in the month.

Fred/K.S

3 Likes

Last April Updates: ( For those who haven’t seen any gameplay shots in a while)

• These are some shots taken while i was playing the Pre-Alpha Developers Edition, which obviously serves as my testing Build for the game obviously at this point.

• So ive been testing Environments at the current moment, mainly planning for the upcoming Alpha Build which should have everything all out balanced and running the way it is intended to.

!!! Well here are the screens updates - take note that this was taken last week from monday throughout the course of the week last week !!!

The Capital City: (Lighting Script - Captured UPBGE Footage!)

Ocean World Template:

Grass World Template:

Ocean Planet: (Exterior Refined)

Fred/K.S

4 Likes

yooo this all look amazing! i am totally looking forward to that video on the alpha!

1 Like

Thks buddy! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Fred/K.S

Site Update: (Late May 2019)
Visit Now !!!

TBW - Main Site!

Fred/K.S

3 Likes

Man that ocean planet is looking cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thks buddy, I’m finishing a couplah experiments in UPBGE with regards to my systems in the game this week, i should have a Gameplay video up sometime soon, it could be ocean planet or desert planet.
:sunglasses:
Fred/K.S

3 Likes

Give us a real teaser!

haha, great job m8 keep on going!

2 Likes

im super excited and just waiting for that gameplay video!

1 Like

actual gameplay has been a bit delayed (thats my bad). but only to provide the best possible experience! :sunglasses:

discord server members will get the latest updates sooner!

3 Likes

TBW - 1st July 2019 (Content)
Cinematic Wallpapers of the Capital City!!!

Captured in Game Engine Screenshot!

Alpha Gameplay Drop’s this month!!! :sunglasses::+1:

Fred/K.S

6 Likes