Team Project: Fandango

pity, why no progress?

3demintia was working on the story boards but he had some work to finish and then bam I have not heard from him again.

Yes I have been busy! The lack of progress is entirely my fault. Levi…my bad man. I am leaving today for vacation in Florida. When I come back work will still be crazy, but it should settle down soon after the first of the year. I’ll get back to this, my heart is still 100% here, life is just majorly in the way right now.

Damn it dude I’m just glad to hear from you again. You just went MIA there for a bit XD. Any way, you have to do what you have to do man. And I hope your vacation to eeek Florida goes to plan. I’m from Florida and I don’t plan on ever going back the that state. Unless it is in hand cuffs kicking and screaming lol.

Oh crap. 3d when you can I need the links to the fandango stuff. I just re-imaged my windows and I (stupid me) forgot to back up my bookmarks.

if you’re using firefox i know of a way to get those bookmarks back :stuck_out_tongue:

I should finish detailing that shuttle (though I don’t think it will fit with what Fandango needs)… but I rather like hard body modelling, I should work on another shuttle…

I’m still convinced it will be just a one off of
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_-HZLorI1B0w/S50nmWqb5zI/AAAAAAAAK6E/1mkko6WXCFw/s800/Starship%20Trooper%20retrieval%20ship.jpg

EDIT: the above is a linked image (NOT A RENDER).

EDIT: P.S. Levi, my new hardware can fit your mountain into VRam now.

Damn Q that ship looks sweet. The cargo style is exactly what we need imo. And what Vcards are you running? 480s? Dude you should totally bust out a shuttle man. I’m looking forward to seeing it. And I believe the mountain is still up on the SVN. 5mil pollys. I could get about 75% of it in octane but it was slow to move around and rotate.

@gragzaal I wish I was XD. I’m using chrome atm. I used to us Firefox for everything but it has gotten a bit buggy lately and chrome is faster imo. I found most of my links, yay. Cheers

I got it all in Octane, was ~491MB minus textures (they’re not packed or in the repository). Also Octane did something odd with the large rocks (not the base mesh), I didn’t look at it too hard (could also be a Blender export issue). I upgraded to a GTX 470, 448 Cuda cores, ~1.2 GB VRAM, compared to the 9800 GT it’s nuts fast. I wouldn’t worry about the VRAM though, I think it will leverage system RAM eventually, focus on the cores. People are doing animations with it, but I can’t fathom it, I’d wait.

That shuttle is from Starship troopers. I watched that a few weeks back and it so has the elements you guys are pushing towards, big time! Could easily use that shuttle as a base and more streamline / future-ize it and get some big rocket thrusters on it. I have next week off with the kids (after X-mas), should have some time to get it going.