Would you like to work at a game company where tools are a primary focus, the tools team is world class, and is always looking to improve the engine? Work with a team that consistently ships multi-million unit selling games? And be a part of creating something Epic? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic.
Epic Games Poland is searching for an experienced Technical Artist to work on multiple new and existing IP’s across multiple platforms. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics and technical knowledge (the job is roughly a 50/50 split in these areas). You should also be experienced in every aspect of the content creation pipeline, as well as be able to think outside the box to come up with techniques that work better or faster. Your goal will be to attack the more complex issues that arise when we push the technology envelope, both in production on current hardware, and prototyping for next-generation hardware.
Project we work on - www.fortnitegame.com .
• Extensive experience working the Unreal Engine
• Strong scripting and plug-in writing skills with 3DSMax/Maya plus Python or C++
• Advanced 3DSMax or Maya experience
• Experience with various software packages including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox
• Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience is a plus
• Material Creation. Making materials for characters, environment assets, effects etc, anything that is overly complex or technical
• Environment Polish. Reviewing levels where fog, lighting, colorgrading and fx are tweaked and new features are added
• Optimization. Use diagnostic tools to examine current content and identify areas for improvement
• Tool Development. Work with programmers on developing new features. Mock up features in external programs or tweak shader code, give feedback to programmers, and experiment with features as they add them. Not only will you be working to improve the current art pipeline of the Unreal Engine, but you will also be involved in the development of that pipeline, for future versions of the Unreal Engine
• Content creation. Sometimes the best way to get the job done is to create new assets – modeling and texturing experience are preferred, but all content creation skills will come in handy
Position type: Regular Full-Time in Warsaw Office
The offer consisting of a CV in English language and motivation letter shell be sent to https://jobs-epicgames.icims.com/jobs/1382/technical-artist/login .
Please add also your portfolio. We will contact only some of candidates.
Please provide a signed clause in CV: I agree to the processing of the personal data included in my application by Epic Games Poland Sp. z o. o., with its registered office in Warsaw (01-031), Al. Jana Pawła II 61 room 241 and its affiliates for the purposes of the recruitment process according to the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U., Y2002, no. 101, item 926 and later changes)