Teenage Witch

Yaroslava Apollonova (https://www.instagram.com/odnatamyara/) published amazing illustration to celebrate 100K of follower on her Instagram page. I just had to made it in 3D :-). Done in Blender, rendered with EEVEE.

Render:

Render Close Up:

Clay:

Free Wallpaper:

Original illustration from Yaroslava Apollonova (https://www.instagram.com/odnatamyara/):

69 Likes

You’re #featured! :tada:

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

wow your first render has such a beautiful 2D illustration look! fantastic work.

1 Like

Thank You so much, I’m glad You like it

this is why they invented 3D, better more clear version and natural shading from all angles. the best!

2 Likes

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

I really appreciate You like final render, now I used 3d medium for artwork :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Now, it might well strike you as “a niggling, even trite thing,” that, in the very first thumbnail image that I saw, my eyes were distracted by – first – the way that “her hair” seemed to be a visual blob that intruded upon her left eye. And – second – the odd wrinkle(?) on her left knee. Maybe it’s little things – like a left-arm that seems half-face-sized, and, against that, a broomstick that must be impossibly small. I guess it just right now feels “out of proportion.” Great idea, great character, but …

All of this is intentional. There is a beauty in art, it doesn’t need to be logical, just need to be effective and appealing to majority of public. :smiley:

1 Like

I agree with @kekeljevic here. The moment artist clings himself to a reality, less creative he/she gets. What separates a great artist from the rest is that he/she can to break reality and logic to mold its idea, while the rest only can create what’s given and already existing objects.

1 Like

Btw, stunning work! Love the shading and the shapes of the character! You really brought out the illustration into another level!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like