Teeth transparent material simulation

I mean this area how to make it prominent
IMG_6101

These reflecting parts?I guess this is from the toothmodel itself what give it this carving shape.The glossy material and the lighting/direction gives it reflection then.It could be a bumpmap as well, but bumpmaps are mostly for small scratches etc.Altthough could be a UV bumpmap also,but i have not used one in my setup.

I guess its a modeled or scanned toothmodel that has this mesh form.

Btw the Artist @wissammax sended me set of “scanned?” tooths at the time then.Iiirc the teeth models was quite detailed.I modeled and sculpted the gum around the teeths then,you can see if you follow the thread.

And btw @wissammax modeled/sculped some teeths self in Blender as well,you can see in his thread.

Hello, I learned the blender program about a week ago, and I have difficulty with everything. But I learned to create a two-color gradient, and I learned sculpting, but I have difficulty with taxuturepaint and uv. How do you advise me to learn? :pensive:

Your teeth in the picture looks quite good so far.

Its been a while since,but i remember that i learned texturepainting and stencil tool with little UV mapping in this tutorial

If you have done the tutorial once, you can use this techniqe for painting for everything else,like the gum ect.
The tutorial uses a older version of Blender (2.77)though.However the workflow should be the same with newer Blender versions,maybe the menus have changed a little bit.I still recommend to try it,if you have problems you can always come back here to ask.
Notice that in the tutorial he uses Blender internal engine in some parts,in newer Blender versions Blender internal is not available anymore (not further developed).You should use Cycles engine then.

This site has good tutorials as well,with bit newer Blender version done (2.80) maybe better for you
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3UWN2F2M2C8-zUjbFlbgtWPQa0NXBsp0

A free Beginner course (Blender 2.80)

Thank you very much♥️

Do you know how to make image (SSS color Bake)
And (albedo ) ? I need it

There basicly two methods afaik.One to bake SSS with baked in static lighting used on the object.
And the second,to bake the Ambient Occlusion inside a object to use this as SSS map.

The AO map method has its advantage that you can use its map and finetune to your like.In example,you can use it as SSS map then and the SSS light apearence on your object is independent of the lighting/direction etc.

VS the SSS baking is a Static capturing of the lighting baked in.This can be used to display the object to “display” the SSS look on a object,without using SSS afterwards.Like a Photosnapshot of the Material that is used as albedo then.

Here you can see the AO method.(can be used for Cycles and Eevee)

Here the baked SSS on a website
https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/245110/is-it-possible-to-bake-sss-material-as-a-texture

1 Like