Television kills

Hi

This is my second animated short done in blender:

If you like it, there’s also the first one:

I hope you’ll find these worth watching.

Haha, i like the one with the 2d caracter. That one was awesome. The first one had it’s moments, and looked like good practice for character animation. Keep it up! Make more! :smiley:

Nice work! Good composition! And funny! hehehe.

LOL

That’s funny stuff! Good work, keep it up!

I thought you told a very fun story. I’ll bet, though, that you could do a little more editing, to tighten-it-up a little, and make the whole thing run even better. Trap-doors on the roof that fly-open just a little faster, character-movements that are not quite so “one speed.” I’d probably omit the 360-degree pan around the guy as he is going across the roof; maybe instead a POV-shot of the ground far-r-r-r below…

But bear in mind that these are little things: “the basic cut is quite good,” just as-it-is. I could see the obvious gag coming, sure, but I laughed anyway.

I especially liked the opening sequence, where you used the device of having the guy mash the remote-control button to cut-in the establishing shots and the titles.

I went back and watched the first (2D…) short. It shows very good synchronization of the character’s movements to the music, with only one jump-cut error at about 1:06. I think I would have cut the last fifteen seconds or so, when the folks start talking. Let it just be a 2D music-synchronized dance: that is enough.

The movement of the camera in this sequence is every bit as important as the (very simple) movement of the character. In fact, since the character’s moves are really so simple, they are “stylized” and you start paying more attention to the camera. You change the position of the camera in all three dimensions, and (with the exception of that one jump-cut) every cut is very-precisely synchronized to the music and to the preceding shot. Not easy to do!

I like idea of top-down shot instead of rotation shot. It gives the feeling of danger, suggests main character feels dizzy and better fits to other shots.

For the 2D. Music synchronization is not so complicated. You just make whole choreography, synchronize moves to music and then make cuts.

I’ve made music for the 3D on my own so I had more freedom. I’ve fitted leg movements in the first indoor scene to the music. Other scenes don’t need such synchronization. I’ve just changed the mood of music in the outdoor scene from major to minor.