Tesselator Quad-Remesher

Linux please :star_struck:

I don’t know much about it, but it isn’t possible to run macOS on virtualbox or something like that? Don’t care much about mac though, had to work with one in my last job and it sucked, can’t even mount a ntfs external drive without buying a driver lol.

In my experience you can’t run Blender in Virtualbox MacOS, because the OpenGL requirement. I have been able to compile something in Virtualbox, but can never actually test it if it works.

I just ported to 2.8 the first prototype of the particle system that led to the creation of tesselator.
It’s so oddly satisfying to watch, I wonder if it would be useful to something else.

9 Likes

This looks so cool! Like some sort of fluid cloth hehe.

I guess this could be used for a new film called The Crawling Blob That Came From Outer Space To Devour Mankind. “IT’S ALIVE!!” :grin:

2 Likes

I know I am already crossing my fingers for the autoscaler but… Fingers crossed :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What do you guys think?

17 Likes

This is sorcery! Call the grand inquisitor!

Impressive! :clap:

That’s dope.

Hehe, you nailed it. Congratulations. Passion drives you.

I think I have one less good idea to implement :wink:
Nice work!

Awesome progress! Add some controls to mark corresponding areas and make it work on meshes with different poses and I’ll buy it in a heartbeat!

I did some slight improvements, as you might notice it has lots of similarities with a cloth simulation.
Well, its fun but sorta hard to control, feels like driving an airplane, you have to know how it works and pay attention all the time otherwise it explodes.

2 Likes

What a great video! Sadly I don’t do a whole lot of Blender anymore but watching that makes me want to invest more time.
Keep up the good work!

I added a grabbing function for manually editing the shape.

11 Likes

Looks nice, i would like to see how it handles more complicated meshes and indeed photogrametry stuff.

2 Likes

Well, maybe one day, my remesher will get to this kind of quality, for now it only gets close to instant meshes.

5 Likes

Yes, sorry i was talking about the Quadremesher. I already have your tool and yes its like instant meshes which is no bad thing.

1 Like