Test Run

That book would be a great reference. I will check it out! Thanks again.

1 Like

I built a face rigging system based on this book and it works pretty good. If you want I can share it privately. At least there might be some things to learn from that because a lot of research and trial went into it. It is not really a public-ready system. But I donā€™t mind letting you play with it and see if you can learn anything.

1 Like

Itā€™s very kind of you! But Iā€™ve already built a facial rig system that works pretty well. I think what I need to do at this point is to fix some of the shape keys that consist the rig, using some good references such as the book you recommended.
FYI, I made my facial rig based on Lee Salveminiā€™s excellent tutorial on the subject.

Thank you anyway!

1 Like

Yeah the main difference with my rig and the one you linked are, a) the concept of every controller and shape is based on that book but most importantly b) it is designed for very fast animation and is based on years of dealing with other rigs as well as a deep study of that book. It is designed specifically for making things very fast for an animator if they want it, and also allow for fine control when they need it.

This stuff is internal development and the YouTube videos are not published. Offer still stands if you want to have a peek into how I have been doing stuff for the artists at my studio. :slight_smile:

https://www.blendernation.com/2021/08/18/behind-the-scenes-test-run/

A ā€˜Behind the Sceneā€™ article on this project was posted on the BlenderNation.com.
It covers more detailed production process of the scene.
Thank you so much, Bart, Abby, and community!