adyus (I also sent you a PM)
This from the ‘Wall’ post
To make glass:
Model your desired object(s) and scene. (I have 4 spots in this scene, one using energy value of 1.000, the others equaling 1.000. They all use 1.000 for edge softness, and 8.00 for Samples and Softness.)
Apply a new Material (F5). Do not set up any vaules at this point.
Apply a new Texture (F6). Select Blend, then Halo.
Return to your Material.
-FIRST COLUMN OF BUTTONS-
5. Set the Alpha slider to 0.000 ( I set it between 0.000 and 0.200 if using an env map so it will show up on the ‘glass’)
6. Set Spec, Hard, and Sp Tr to the maximum value.
7. Add, Ref, Emit and Amb are all set to 0.
-MIDDLE COLUMN OF BUTTONS-
8. Set Ztransp to on, its just to the right of the Ref slider.
9. Set the Nor to on to use it as your texture cordinates set up in step 3.
10. DISABLE X and Y scaling (this is key).
-LAST COLUMN OF BUTTONS-
11. Set only Alpha to on so your texture affects the objects alpha value.
(I set Alpha to negative for the chrome like effect above)