Texel Density Checker 3.2.1 [UPDATE 16.10.20]

Hi, please try this version Texel_Density_2_0_281_MacOS.zip (5.9 KB)
If it works, I upload this to repo and stores.

Hello, @JGregory!
Please, try this version for macOS Texel_Density_2_0_281_MacOS.zip (5.9 KB)

If it works, I upload this to repo and stores.

Hey thanks it works now

1 Like

Great!
On MacOs not available function “Assign Checker Material” with method “Store and Replace”. Unfortunely, sqlite that i use for storing materials not works on MacOS.

UPDATE
Version for MacOS uploaded to GitHub/Gumroad/BlenderMarket

Hi @mrven , I tried in object mode but then nothing appears in the panel:
I’m on Windows 10 btw.

Active object must be mesh with uv. In another case texel density checker panel don’t show

It has a UV, it’s the default cube I’m testing.

Hmm. Try reinstall addon. I have no idea why may be this issue((

Allright I got it now, I was checking at UV editing window which doesn’t show anything in object mode but in 3D viewport N tab shows it:

Yes, it’s okay. Because panel in the uv editor window for operation with uv. While you in object mode you can editing object’s uv.
Panel in 3D view and panel in uv editor - different panels. First for operating with objects and polygons, second - for operating with uv.

Hi. Thanks for the tool. We use it in our studio. I did the same for houdini. I hope you don’t mind.
https://www.orbolt.com/asset/mifth::mifth_texel_density

1 Like

Hi! Thanks! Cool!!))

Fantastic addon!
Love the ability to set my TD)

1 Like

Thank you!!

UPDATE 2.1 (09.01.20) for Blender 2.81

[Improvement] Now Addon works correctly on all platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS)

[Improvement] “Assign Checker Material” rewritten. Now for storing material assignments use Face Maps on each object

[Improvement] “Restore Materials” now works only for selected objects

1 Like

Hello,

do anyone have issue with Texture Size or is it just me?

As you can see the texture size is 512x512. so I try to turn one of 6 islands from a cube into
256x
128x
64x

256x is equal to 512x (the texture size) (I would use hit “2.56px/cm” to turn the island into 256x)
128x is only 1/4 of the texture size (1.28px/cm)
64x is 1/16 of the texture size… (0.64px/cm

this make no sense. is that a bug or is it normal?

1 Like

Hello! If You try unwrap default cube it is normal. Because default cube has size 2m * 2m * 2m.

ah I see that’s where 2 came from.

no wondering why 256x is equal to 512x because it went 256 * 2 = 512. of course that make sense now.

what I want to know is how can I make any islands from any type of models have 256x (if i clicked 2.56px/cm) will have exactly 256x in a texture size of 512x

like a cube of 1m x 1m x 1m? :thinking:

EDIT:

you can see the size of islands from model is 5 meter long. I clicked 0.64px/cm on these islands but higher than 0.64px/cm is useless because it went beyond the bordering of the texture size.

a size like that will give the island 40 pixels of any color. it should be 256 pixels, not 40 pixels. Is there a way to fix around that? or do i have to change the texture size to account for that? :thinking:

Of Course, you can’t unwrap 5 meter and get more ~1px/cm so the island remains within the UV.
If you want more texel density you need increase texture size or divide big polygons for more efficient packing.