Text Shine Effect

I’m trying to figure out how to make the glowing light effect the shines out from behind text.

Because I can’t post links:

If you go to YouTube and search for “Ernie Hudson is Ghostbuster”, at the end of that fake trailer you can see what I’m taking about.

Also if you search for “Trapcode Shine Plug-in - Adobe Premiere Pro”, that explains it as well.

Is there any tutorials out there on how to do this in Blender?

You mean something like this:

It is just a plane with the word blender cut out (I used a text object and a Boolean modifier to do the cutting), with a spot lamp set to Halo animated to move behind the cut out text. Here is the Blend if you want it:TextLights.blend (499 KB)

That helps but i was hoping for the text to be 3d and to fly into frame backlit by this glistening beams of light.

It would say “BEETLEJUICE vs GHOSTBUSTERS”. With green and blue lights beaming behind it. Is there diffrent types of glowing light effects i can do in Blender? Maybe something like in the new Fast & Furious trailer? I’m looking for tutriols on stuff like that, i cut alot of trailers.

The setup would be almost the same. You would leave the lamp stationary and animate a text object moving into view. This would cause the light rays to be blocked by the text as it moves past. instead of the light shining through a whole. Here is the Wiki page that talks about halo spot lamps, maybe it will give you some ideas: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Volumetric_Halos

I tried to add the modifier but it say “Modifier is disabled or returned error, skipping apply”

What do i do?