Texture Coordinates for Curves

This I think is an invaluable technique to know and achieve correctly to make textures or even other geometric modifications to curves consistent even if animated.

As it’s one of my first videos now that I’m getting serious about YouTube, the video has its flaws; it’s long, I go into too much detail for experienced users, the editing is not fancy, but you can certainly skip through even tho saying that goes against the YouTubers’ code.:joy: Since I’m just starting my channel, suggestions and feed back are welcome!

This can be used for curve-based objects involving procedural textures that work with said objects; I show some examples at the end. And even tho I don’t demonstrate it here, the node group we produce in this tutorial can be used not just in the Shader Editor, but within Geometry Nodes itself, for instance isolating a displacement for certain parts along a curve or extruding certain sides or parts along a curve in a consistent way, like for making suction cups on an octopus arm. The possibilities seem endless!

3 Likes