Texture Haven is live!

If you liked the free high quality HDRI skies from Greg Zaal on the HDRI Haven website, then you should definitely take a look at this new texture platform. www.texturehaven.com

Texture Haven is a website where you can find high quality scanned textures for free, no catch. All textures here are CC0 (public domain). No paywalls, accounts or email spam. Just download what you want, and use it for every purpose.

At the moment I (Rob Tuytel) am the one who adds new textures to the platform. Soon it will be possible to be a paid Haven Texture contributor. If you have photo texture skills or you are common with Substance, please let us know on : [email protected]

Here is a quick video introduction on why I contribute and why these textures are so special.

12 Likes

i am a chinese blender fan, today i open your website but i click download button, there is no response, it is a bug or chinese users cannot access download links?

These textures are not country restricted. Do you have a link of the broken download ?

Absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much.

Cool! I just checked out your website (BTW you should add the link to your post), and I hope to try some of the textures later.

2 Likes

yeah… detail 0.o

We use a javascript library hosted on a google CDN, which I guess is blocked by the great firewall. I’ll see if I can make a fallback or just host it locally instead.

I took a brief look (during the working week I get little opportunity) but I like what I saw. Bookmarked right next to Greg’s HDRI Haven.

Thank you.

EDIT: Andrew Price probably hates you guys :wink:

I’ve noticed that a lot of these texture’s displacement maps are just solid grey, can you tell us what that is all about? For example the metal plate texture.

it is a good website, thanks texturehaven.

It is not solid grey, try it out and you will see. Blender uses a standard displacement value of 1, these grey maps don’t need tweaks to find the right looks.

Yes, thanks, I did notice that they looked solid grey but that there is actual values in them. Your old historic works are amazing also.

Hi Rob. Same here. I’m from Argentina and when I press the download button on any texture nothing happens