Texture paint - see the UV's?

hi,

is there a way to see the bloody UV’s when texture painting ?

I constantly have to switch from UV Editing to see where my uv’s are , then go back to texture paint

thanks

[edit]

I can see them but they are so faint, how can I change them to be more visible ?

1 Like

Go to your overlays in the UV Editor and turn Faces on

1 Like

not available in texture paint mode

A couple of ideas:

1. I think in Texture paint you can only see selected edges - in Edit Mode or in Paint Mode (with “Paint Mask” option checked);
  2. The color of those edges can be found under Preferences > Themes > UV/Image Editor > Texture Paint/Modifier UVs:

Oh and 3. Edge thickness can be changed in Preferences > Interface > Line Width… but it controls all lines and may not be ideal.

1 Like
  1. You might have disabled the setting:

Image Editor → (mode) Paint → View → Display Texture Paint UVs.

1. The UV that you want visible in the Image Editor must also the UV active rendering option enabled for it. The reason I am saying this is because if an active UV that is not UV unwrapped, you will not get any displayed UVs, because there are none, active.

1. I hope it also goes without saying to actually UV unwrap your mesh if you have not already.

Here is a tutorial as well if you need it.

Here’s my UV map in the UV Editing workspace:

The map is active:

Texture painting is in single image mode with the same map:

Display UVs is on:

As well as in the view menu:

Yet as you can see above, I do not see the UV map in the texture painting window.

What did I miss?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I FOUND OUT WHAT’S MISSING! CAN YOU FIGURE IT OUT???

You need to go into the UV Editing workspace and then do a select all, and then when you go back to the Texture Paint workspace you see the UVs!

:man_facepalming:

A tip:
In the Text Paint workspace on the 3D Viewport the TAB switches (like in almost all other workspaces too) between the special used default interaction mode and Edit Mode… where you can select all the faces which you want to see the UV’s in the Image Editor in Paint Mode.

So you do not have to switch the workspaces. Something similar works for sculpting when you want to use face sets from selected faces ( Face Sets → Face Set From Edit Mode Selection )… just hit TAB.

It’s just the fastest (and if you think about it straight forwardest ) thing to do to select the faces you want to work with… and also in the context of UV’s.

(Switching UV Sync Selection in UV editor also would do this…)