Texture Paint

I don’t see a way to have an image saved with the alpha Chanel from the UV editor. After I paint the texture, I save the image and then the UV Grid is there, in my final image. I thought the grid was just a transparent guide …I guess I might be doing something wrong here. Something like this is what I get when rendering the image.

Any tip?:o

Attachments

Strange as it is, you have to turn on RGBA in the Render panels to save an image with alpha, even from the image editor.

Well, certainly it is checked ( RGBA) in the render’s panel. I have gone around this for some time by now. Tried PNG, TGA. New image with Alpha enabled ( Checked ), disabled. I tried clicking the icons: Paint with RGB only. Paint with RGB and Alpha ( which should do it, but it doesn’t )…I am giving up with this:eek:

When you open a new image in the editor, make sure UV Test Grid is unchecked. It will tile the background and is not a zero alpha transparent guide. Why the grease pencil can have layers but not the image painter is beyond me.

Yeah that’s correct. If I do not use the UV_grid I can setup my color with Alpha 0 when the image is created. In that way I can save the Alpha channel. Thanks for the Tip!

However why then do we have UV_Grid? Noone wants it on your model. I guess the UV editor is still under development. If you move the color slider when “creating New Image” then an image is created on every step of the slider, creating: Untitled, Untiled001, Untitle002,…etc easily it gets to hundreds of images. It seems it has some autosave in some where.

Well at least i can do what I need to do, just not using the UV_grid.

Thanks man!:spin::spin:

The grid is very useful for checking whether your image will contain any stretching or other distortion when applied to the model.

Uhhh…got you!