texture problem

Hi,

I am very beginner with Blender and new in this forum too. I am interested in more game engine and walkthrough than rendering and animation. I searched most of the topics about texturing (for the game engine) in the forum. I found several tutorials but they are little bit advanced for a beginner level.

I have a basic problem, for example, I created a shape (sphere), select the face mode and selected all faces and then load an image to map them. As a result of that , all each faces covered with the same image, like an ant-eye. I want one image covers all the faces I selected. I tried to play with the vertex on the image but it is so hard and seems impossible to fit it on the selected faces. I thought, there must be easy way to do that.

I am sure it is a silly question but I stuck with this problem and couldn’t find a basic texturing tutorial for game engine mode.

Thanks,

Alphaville

what you want to do is called uv mapping and there could be books written on techniques

search for tutorials on it (tho a search for uv doesn’t return anything here) in the tutorial threads

Thanks z3r0 d

I will check the sources and books. I have just found this address. It is a simple example but it tells the keys so I got some new things such as UV Calculation.

Maybe it can be usefull for others

http://www.tutoriale.blender.pl/UV_Mapping/

Alphaville