Texture Quality Loss Problem?

I just got a new computer and was extremely relieved when blender ran fine…got nervous it might not work or somethin.

But i do have one problem…any game textures loose an incredible amount of detail…it looks as though they’re being cut down to 256 colors :frowning: …on the old comp, they didn’t loose any quality at all…I’m using an nVidia geForce 4 MX with win XP…Has anyone else had a problem like this or know of what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Adam

Hey, I’ve noticed this problem. I’m not sure what causes it, but I assume it has something to do with opengl handling by the 3d card. Sorry I can’t help ya, but at least you know your not the only one to see it. I’ve seen it on multiple windows oses and different ATI cards, so I’m not sure what exactly causes it.

It is the OpenGL handling of the 3D card. I have an ATI Rage 128 and I
lose alot of quility in my textures in blender. Even when I turn off mipmapping, I lose quality (color banding). When I use Blender on my computer at work with its Matrox card, I get great quality. Test on a system with a Matrox card and see what happens. My operating system is
WinNT 4.0