Texture setup error

Are you using Displacement node in your shaders for that roof?

The displacement node isn’t connected to the material output…and yes…it’s a low poly roof since it’s an old house

1 Like

If no, then you need to fix your mistakes with the roof itself

Have a look…

The roof is separate and there’s nothing else connected to the material output

unwrap then your roof and apply an image texture to it, that’s it

Ok that worked thanks very much!
I’ll try to treat it as a pbr material to make it look more realistic…that’s gonna work right?

Sure thing, but in that case you would need to use a Displacement node, in order to add the convexity to your texture.

Here’s a good tutorial on how to do this:

But note that the texture I applied is not a PBR material…it’s a normal image texture

As I said the texture is not designed for displacement method as the textures they’re using in the videos are designed for PBR texturing…you think I should replace it with a ready PBR texture?

In that case yes, I don’t think there’s much you can do about simple images textures.

1 Like

Ok It worked …thanks again

1 Like

Ok it’s not over lol

Back to work I guess? XD
There’s the problem with the roof top

I just marked the answer as a solution you asked at first. You can always uncheck it if you wish.

If you have any questions - create a new thread for that. There’s no reason to keep asking new questions in the same topic.

Look

No…It is indeed related to the same topic

That question is about how you have divided your mesh from the rest of your house. You need to learn how to work with meshes as I see it. There’s nothing much I can help you with since you cannot share the file

Ok I’ll share the file