Textures don't work in shading mode

Hi, I have tried to figure out through forums and videos, how to fix this issue but I have no idea so I’ve made an account here to hopefully find some answers.

my textures are completely normal and work as they should in every other mode however,

The textures are completely messed up in shading mode and I can’t figure out why?

I’ll upload a copy of this file if that helps figure out what’s happening, (let me know if I have uploaded this properly though as I am still learning Blender.)

quick comment, but be sure to set UV coordinates for your texture, and be sure UV’s match the shape.

rob

You have to explain more about,

Why are they messed up?
What do you expect them to look like?

There are some real problems with your mesh especially with the extrusion to the back…there are a lot of Faces overlapping, and not connected to the front and back…that alone will mess up the textures and the UVs…you can see it here where I have circled…

To fix that I would delete ALL of the edges that extrude Back…and then re-extrude the Front Face to get a new set of joined faces…that don’t overlap…

You would need to redo the texture OR, add a new Material and texture for the Sides and Back …which you could re-paint rather quickly using the colors from the original texture…

The file could not be downloaded.
The security program has been classified as a risk site. :sweat_smile:

The objects have two UVMaps, and the one set as default (with the white camera icon) is the wrong one.

If you use an image texture in the material, without specifying which UVMap to use, the default will be used automatically.
So the solution is either change the default UVMap in the mesh properties, or specify the correct UVMap in the materials.