please note this topic was already posted in the blender forum, but I was advised to also share it here…
Hello Blender Community!
I am currently looking into ways to Improve Blenders Texturing capabilities. I am a blender artist from germany, that also knows a thing or two about coding and I have also managed to gather another fellow coder to support me during development.
I’m making this thread because of the whole Substance Situation but also because of the Blender Found Streachgoals regarding Texturing improvements and I’m looking forward to your ideas and feedback regarding this topic.
I think the main weakspots of blender regarding texture painting are currently
- a lack of utility in baking
- the brush system
- missing artist utilities such as guiding lines in texture painting, stabilizers, layers (can only be done with the help of node editor currently)
- lacking interface between texture painting and node editor (therefore lacking support for filters or procedural masks)
- a lack of presets (i know this is kind of a difficult topic with vanilla blender and probably will need an addon to be addressed)
- lack of global color palletes)
- no support for normal brushes
- improper support for particle brushes
I’ll post suggestions to fix some of thoise issues, but I first want to hear a bit about your thoughts on those topics and also mabye some other problems I probably have missed.