The Age of Blend Mart

I was driving last night and I saw this building come out of nowhere :stuck_out_tongue:
The age of blender has come to take over [!]

Attachments

it is pretty good but just the logo is a bit wierd.

The “Blend {logo} Mart” looks a bit too extruded, I’d tone that back a bit and also bevel the edges of the text. As for the rest of it, it looks really nice. The asphalt on the street would not have that kind of spectral refraction, would be very rough and porous. The curb edge could stand a bevel as well, and some vertical breaks with a nor map or with verts to show how the concrete was poured, as well as some noise texture to make it less smooth. Also, your doing a disservice to the blender logo, I’d try to make that look a bit better, perhaps someone has a .blend of it they could share? Keep it up, overall great start!! 8)

Well here is an update without the blender logo.
I see what you mean about the changes and i just havent spent time on thos parts of the images yet. what I plan on doing now is adding the blacktop with a rough toned down look and the monkey head on a stick spinning as animation. I will add the blender logo tommarow but dont know where i should put it. Im also going to add the bumpmaps tommarow if theirs anything i should add or change at this point tell me.
This is only one shot of the building. It is acutaly the size of a super wal-mart but i just want to get the front in the picture right now

Attachments

This is another render with an upgrade to the black top.
-It took 45 mins to render.
-new lighting effect will be added
-change of the blacktop in next update will have real blacktop with bumpmaps.
-The bumpmap bricks will also be added.
-A change in the sky scene with a more realistic night scene also another render with a realistic mid-day sky line.
-Next update is to the logo and the head posted on a moving pole(wont move yet) with some misc objects like a bench,light post,payphone.

-What I also want to add is a half of windshield/hood of a car as the front pic of the render(blured) as the focus is the building. It would be helpful if someone could supply me with a car .blend file that would be sweet :smiley:

Attachments

there’s too much specularity on the blacktop, and it could use a bump map.

Modron, I know you can read :slight_smile: he said he was fixing those in the next update. But your right it’s way too bright a spectra. Only new issue I see is that the paint on the blacktop would not be transparent like it seems to be on the overlay parts of the text and the lines. That paint should be extremely reflective as it’s ment to refect headlights at night. White/Yellow spectra for that if you can. with a small raise as well, that pain is usually pretty think and sits up off the ground. Just for fun (and this is just a lame suggestion) but you could use small monkey heads ad door handles too.

Here is the ground texture from my school parking area that im going to use. I took the shot with a 4 mega pixel camera and rendered two preview balls to show yeahs what im up to I guess %|

Attachments

Here is beta 3.5 with the new blacktop texture. Right now the lighting is verybad in my scene because i was messing with the render levels to give it a matrix look :smiley: . please tell me how the blacktop looks.

-moved the monkey head onto the pole
-made the back lv 2 of the building visable in the scene
-added the high res blacktop
-Changed the “no parking” print on the blacktop to a newage brand.

Attachments

Beta 4.0

-Fixed some of the lighting
-added more of the building
-added blender logo
-added two signs near the building(not textured yet)
-added a daytime look(plan to fix it alittle more)

-I think I might move the blender lgo more towards the middle of the blue brick wall or on top of the “Blend-Mart” sign

:smiley:

Attachments

The blender logo needs to be much more subtle. Other than that its a great concept that made made me chuckle from the start :wink: