Welcome to the Animation Academy’s first contest!
In celebration of the Animation Academy’s launch, we’re starting it’s first official contest: themed advertisements.
You can make your ad of a real object, but fake objects will get creativity points.
Starting now (Nov 30). You have until January 5th to make a advertisement in Blender.
- Keep it family friendly, G rated. For example: all entries containing nudity, sex, suggestive themes, or gore will automatically be disqualified.
- It must be an animation.
- The length of the animation must be at least 3 seconds long
- All addons/scripts are allowed, with the exception of ANT landscape generator and Makehuman.
- The contestants will be required to provide the .blend file/files to prove its a real creation via cloud storage. (SkyDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- Your animation must be done in the time the contest takes place. No animations from before the contest, please.
- All models used must be your own, made in the time the contest is taking place.
- You CAN use Windows Movie Maker, QuickTime, Lightworks, ect to add effects to your videos.
- You CAN use the Blender internal rendering engine, Cycle, LUX Render, Octan, or any other rendering engine, internal or external.
- Your entry must be made in blender.
The winner will be given a Nature Tree Pack, worth about $110* consisting of three individual realistic trees made especially for the cycles rendering engine.
These trees can be used for commercial works.
You will also get a spot in the Winner’s Hall.
Again, the deadline is January 5th.
*Prices based off of current pricing at Turbosquid.com