As the title suggests, at this time the Attachment Manager lacks some important features. It shows up like this on my end :
The problematic scenario goes as follows.
- I just posted a thread, in which I included 3 images fetched from imgur URLs using the “insert image” button.
- The three images got correctly uploaded and appear properly in the post.
- I then decided to go back to the post to delete 2 out of the3 images to replace them with direct links to help with the overall readability of the post.
- Problem : the two deleted images still show up as full size “thumbnails” at the bottom of my post, as seen here :
There are multiple issues :
- The “thumbnails” show up as full size, as shown in the above screenshot
- There seems to be no way to delete unwanted attachments to a post (they show up as thumbnails even when not port of the post itself).
- Overall, the attachment system is a bit of a chore to deal with. It is great in theory since it guarantees that images will not disappear if the OP deletes the online source, but in practice it is awkward to use and makes post less clear than they could be because of the un-removable thumbnails and their full-size display.
Additionally, the text editor (when writing or editing a post) does not display the actual size that inline images will be displayed as. This results in an editor that is not wysiwyg at all, meaning that post formatting is awkward and annoying. The text field for the editor is also too short, even in Advanced mode. it should show at least 2 or 3 times many more lines of text. Small/Medium/Original options for inline images are also needed, and the background color of the text input field should be closer to that of the actual forum bg.
Thank you for your time.