The Aviator

I decided to try out box modeling and this is what became of it. I how to fully detail the guy as I go along. Though right now I’m working on his anatomy.

My biggest problem (that I know of) is the legs.

Todo:

• finish and detail legs
  • finish and detail hands

Then I move onto the next sebd level and detail some more, etc.

Critique is definitely welcome. Updates will be forthcoming as I have time.
-albert

Not much to comment on yet. Basic shape looks good and proportions seem to be correct. Can we see a side image to see if the balance looks good?

BgDM

Here go…

That was another of my worries. I didn’t want to give him the hunched back look you see cartoon rabbits reared up on their back legs. So I pushed him into a standing position.

Again, my main concern is the legs and how the muscles in the legs (roughly) would be layed out.

-albert

I changed the legs a little. They are still in the tweaking stage so they may change again.
-albert

I liked the legs before

Copy that frameworld, back to the old with a detailing update. (I didn’t like the new ones either.)

I am rethinking the claws. Yay or nay?
-albert

i like the claws

Looks like I’m going to keep the feet and claws… Isn’t this the focused critique forum? What happened to the moderation (not that I don’t mind the comments, guys, keep em coming)?

-albert

Update, muscle toning. This guy has started to work out. Onto the hands. Ugh…

-albert

Very interesting, nicely proportioned! the head needs to be angular for the look I think you are going for. I would like to see the back please.

Roger and roger. Give me a moment to get the backside for you and I’ll post in a moment (thankyou!).

-albert

Here’s the updated front and the back for yah! Are you speaking angular as in a snake head? (almost a snake head?) Or something else?

-Albert

Are you speaking angular as in a snake head?

Or lizard like, but then again this is your model. I am more cartoony with my style anyway. I really like the large groove in the back give a somewhat animal like quality while retaining its humanoid biped roots. Nice.

Aye, I’ll do almost that! I’ll upload a pic when I get home to show you what I have in mind!

-albert

Aright, here’s the pic I promised

I’m checking out the lizard angle to see how well it goes over.

Tell me what you think of the poor quality scanned image!
-albert

Okay, so its like a snake then? the face needs to be a slight bit longer to fit in all the detail and still be smooth. I think the back is arched a little bit to much. It makes the hips look like they are pushed and the ass look. . . well, large.

Oh, and I always forget, but can I see the wires? I just want to make sure that every poly is used to its fullest!

i like it the way it is

Front and back shots to show progress plus wire for the man who asked.

I’ll render off one with no sub-d on it as well.

Framedworld - worked over the ass as hard as I could… Hope it works out well.

-albert

Blocked out the head and have comparison shots of it. One closeup, and two size comparisons, front and back.

Enjoy!
-aLbert

Final update for this morning *cof.

Head and body shots.

-albert