The Bad Apple: Malum Malum

Hey Oh!
This is my first job where I managed to put all my skills into it, I hope you like it. If you like, give me your feedback, it will be extremely useful!
From the concept of @justingerardillustration. I wanted to transpose this fantastic character from 2D to 3D, which bewitched me like the poisoned apple in fairy tales when I was young. The entire creation process was long but linear, where I was able to improve many aspects of my workflow and skills. I used zBrush for highpoly, Substance Painter for handmade Textures, Blender (Cycles) for rendering and UVs, AfterEffects and Photoshop for Compositing. Thanks!

29 Likes

This is so disgusting. I like it!

hahaha you’re right Sir. Disgusting and angry with melted ice cream on her head. What could be worse? :rofl:

Stunning details.

I wanted to approach this 2d/3d transposition keeping semi-realistic as a basis in my mind. I tried to maintain the shapes and stylistic concept of the author, at the same time pushing realism into the details through sculpting and realistic or at least less stylized materials. Thank you very much for the comment, very kind! :v:

mălum = bad
mālum = apple
(latin) :slight_smile:

hehehe exactly! :smiley: nice one

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Truly Honored :relieved: thank’s!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like