The Baltic Sea in the 16th century at Hammershus Castle

A short animation sequence of the 16th century Baltic Sea at Hammershus Castle.
Feedback is much appreciated :slight_smile:
EDIT: Ship from PolyHaven.com

Rendered in Eevee, Blender 3.3.

12 Likes

Very nice work! The only crit I have is that the ā€˜pressureā€™ on the front sail feels inconsistent with the main sail.

1 Like

Yes, youā€™re right. I did struggle with that. They have the exact same settings, but for some reason the front sail is ā€œwavingā€ more than the large main sail. I donā€™t know how to fix this. I used the main settings for the cloth animation.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Oh, damn, sorry, I shouldā€™ve mentioned that the ship isnā€™t mine. Itā€™s from PolyHaven.com.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but frankly speaking I donā€™t think this particular video deserves featuring on BlenderNation, since the ship that is taking up so much of the video, wasnā€™t made by me.

1 Like

Well, you added the info to the top post, and you did turn it into a cool video, so that works for me. However, if it still makes you uncomfortable just let me know and Iā€™ll remove it.

1 Like

If it works for you just leave it as it is.

I just hope everyone understands the ships arenā€™t mine. The castle (Hammershus) in the background and the ocean was made by myself.

But due credit should be given to the right people, in this case PolyHaven for providing an excellent ship model for free.