The big Blender Sculpt Mode thread (Part 1)

There’s this, but it still has to be ported to 2.8+.

Yes, this and the volume-preserving alternate smooth brush of ZBrush are some of the most important tools I still miss when comparing Blender to ZBrush. The new Relax Mesh Filter is nice, but it doesn’t work as refined as ZBrush Polish. The same goes for the Topology brush. You first need to brush a lot of times to get the topology at the right place, then you can smooth it using Shift. It just doesn’t match the fluid alternate Smooth brush of ZBrush.

1 Like

Haha. you’re just poking The Man now and hopping he is reading this aren’t you.
It will probably work too lol

2 Likes

Anybody had the voxel remesher freeze up computer? I just had the computer lock up and had to hold power button and restart.

Still dont get it, would it not be possible to work just with the weight slider.

No, it wouldn’t.
Weight is something like color in regular painting analogy.
Strength is brush intensity.

5 Likes

Well yes it would, weight is a single channel value, unlike your typical RGB color + opacity (i.e. brush strength). No one bothered to unify them, is all.

What does this mean the strenght slider could be redundant?

The way it’s implemented currently, no, as you can see from @gorion103’s example. Doesn’t mean it should be this way, but this is the way it is.

Got you if they where unified.

No… Wtf guys.

Again

Weight/Color is target value that we are painting. So if we want paint exacly 0.5 valuse we set color to 0.5.
Strenght is how intense our brush is or in other words how many times we have place stroke to achieve targeted value/color.
They are totally different things.

I dont konw?

Clay ,scrape brushes feel much better.

I am trying to sculpt on a mesh with several shapekeys using the newly added brushes. But especially the posebrush (which would be the most useful) is pretty unusable because the affected vertex + the line to the rotation centre are done on the base key.
Am I doing something wrong, is this a technical limitation, a bug, a not yet implemented feature?

Could be better Click drag line then pose.
Good enough for me.

It doesn’t mean it has to be like that :slight_smile: You’re painting with one channel, you don’t need to modulate three different channels with uniform strength, just the one. Might as well remove strength from the equation and only vary the weight. Be murder with colors. With weights though - you have to vary at least one slider anyway.

I’ve had some ‘fast exits’ lately using Quadriflow. It depends on the entered polygon count value.

1 Like

Just happen to me yesterday, i was trying to remesh suzanne at 0.001 and my computer lock up and i had to reset.

I was on 2.81 official release with 16 GB of ram and honestly the more i work with blender and the more my 16 GB of ram seem like not enough for blender so i think i will soon be force to get 32 GB.

1 Like

ESC to cancel remesh operations needs to land. :thinking:

1 Like

Agree many features in 3ds max had that option and it was really handy!

1 Like

Can anyone confirm?
With Dyntopo. If you activate change the size of the brush with pen pressure, and use the Clay Strips brush, then the beginning and end of thestroke will be collapsed.