The big Blender Sculpt Mode thread (Part 1)

yes just updated it actually :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  • dreams in a dream about the connection of the polygonal engine of 3D Coat and the stability of the blender *

Mask by color doesn’t seem to work. :thinking:

I wonder if these 13M vertices speedup code improvements,could be implemented for improve the edit/object mode for a faster viewport (for realy huge scenes)too?

I just tested the latest build, a mesh with 12 million tris runs somewhat interactively on my machine (i3, RTX 2060). This is amazing!!!

Now all I need is a stable multires modifier and I can ditch ZBrush for good!

thank you Pablo, really, thank you so so so much!

12mil with dynotopo or with multi resolution?
If it’s with dynotopo then hellllll yessssss!!!

It was after multiple subdivsions had been applied, still a remarkable achievement imho :blush::blush:

Multires still has issues? I thought they fixed the issues with the spikes when they switched to using opensubdiv in 2.8. Are there new issues with it?

The spikes are still there, it’s seriously stopping me from sculpting a lot inside of Blender. The moment you hit apply base you get greeted with spikes and creases.

It’s slowly killing me :frowning:

Copy and paste the mesh with mutires to 2.79; apply base, then bring it back to 2.80.

That doesn’t work anymore, Francois, I tried :frowning:

I never comented on this thread before, but I check it from time to time. I didn’t know you could copypaste from 2.8 to 2.79 despite not being able to open files, thank you so much!!

Hi everyone, Is there a new linux build from this branch anywhere?
Thanks a lot

Why am I getting this when trying to build for windows? I have built successfully in the past.

CMake Error at intern/qex/CMakeLists.txt:53 (blender_add_lib):
blender_add_lib Function invoked with incorrect arguments for function
named: blender_add_lib

If you want to learn to build Blender on Linux, you follow these instructions carefully until you achieve build master:
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender/Linux
After you successfully build master, you try to build this branch by following these steps:

1 Like

Ok :
Start with 2.79, add a multiresolutrion modifier, and subdivide your mesh
Duplicate it, apply the multiresolution modifier, copy this model and paste it in 2.80
sculpt it in 2.80
Bring it back in 2.79 and use the collapsed model to reshape the mesh with the multires
Apply base
You can now copy the model with the multires and paste it to blender 2.80

Will try it out and report back. Thanks! :slight_smile:

ooooh…

https://twitter.com/pablodp606/status/1129717325454893057

32 Likes

Saint mary mother

2 Likes

I’ve never wanted new features so bad.

2 Likes