The big Blender Sculpt Mode thread (Part 1)

I hope soon as they can, very useful for generating shapes/patterns like demonstrated in video and then it could be used to bake normal data out of it.

4 Likes

Hey guys i was searching today for all repository and i found this :

https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender.git

You only need to download blender using git and checkout the project. In my case i was looking to try the sculpt-dev because the new video of Daniel Bystedt

7 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks. I still haven’t found the time to install the Sculpt Dev branch, but I’m planning to do it tomorrow.

1 Like

But is it here not important to have sculpt layers?

It’s a crash fest at the moment, and there’s no place to report it…
But hey, at least it can already extrude face sets… :wink:

12 Likes

Why else did Pablo want a branch, there is no way he would’ve been allowed to dump all of his experimental code into master.

Those who don’t want to risk losing their work should usually not be using branches anyway.

3 Likes

I was about to coment on that, its AWESOME!!!, and the extrusion is clean, even with high resolution meshes

The build also has a “Scene Projection” brush, I dont know what is for. I would like that the texture option in the mesh filter will be added soon.

I already know whats that brush for, you can reproject details from a high res model onto a low poly model with multires modifier

Yep…
It looks like the most useful patches are not in that branch yet… :thinking:

yep i added one stroke into a multires mod and crashed intermediately…

1 Like

OK, so testing the branch doesn’t have added value, other than toying with the latest features?

:drooling_face:

1 Like

Looks that way…

No thread on devtalk either…

1 Like

Hey @Idea_Mutante, do you mean like this?

3 Likes

No, Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev80q3ng_aA

Is this a sort of Shrinkwrap modifier + weightpaint to drive it?
(btw gotta tell 3DCoat developers to check their UI for typos!)

Along those lines yeah…

What would be also nice is if that “project” feature could be added to the transform tools too , so we could do stuff like this :point_down: quickly in sculpt mode… :wink:

17 Likes

what tool is that?..

Scene project brush

2 Likes