The big Blender Sculpt Mode thread (Part 1)

Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

@joeedh just wrote this to me: “You’ve inspired me to write face area weighting for smooth, which I’ll probably commit sometime in the next couple of days.”

Cool! :+1::+1:

18 Likes

This would be welcome.

1 Like

Bah, there is too many cute Anime Girls on “market”… But also there is too many all stuff. Hard surface, Environments, plants, creatures, you name it. I don’t take care about such stuff.
Like someone say that Modo is for shoemaker, yet I see here many, many ( good ) shoe models, there are even one addon which help… But this don’t matter, job is job and if you get job to make shoes… you will make shoes.
PS. It’s easier to make stylized character than photoreal, ‘maybe’ because that realistic characters are minority… mean very good realistic characters.

3 Likes

If it would be me I’d provide additional topic to discuss related to Blender but even without that definitely not worth being flagged.

Example of a topic:
We kind of have AdjustLast thing but… when compared one on the Blender side is very limited (and sometimes buggy), working only for the last operation and in limited number of editors (hence limited number of operations). If we want it in Blender then most realistic scenario is we waiting for Bastien to complete his work on Library Overrides and Asset Browser. After that hope that there is no more urgent tasks (I doubt). So… I would say (very optimistically) we will wait until spring for this work to start given there is sigificant community interest in that feature. But I don’t think that is realistic. :slightly_smiling_face:

On the other hand Interpolate is something I believe Pablo could handle. It feels like it could be an extension of Array Brush.

2 Likes

I’ve started a separate ZBrush 2021.7 thread here.

5 Likes

Which build has this feature?

2 Likes

sculpt-dev has that…
it’s not in master yet? :thinking:

What does this feature exactly do?

I guess it activates a true geodesic surface falloff for your brush in stead of a simple spherical influence.

3 Likes

A fresh Sculpt Dev build is available:

Change log:

8 Likes

Pablo added a Quantize IP Mask filter before generating new builds.

1 Like

Any tips on how to use Array brush?

Pablo, please use some screencast keys addon in your great demo videos :slightly_smiling_face:
https://github.com/nutti/Screencast-Keys/releases

Thank you!

3 Likes

anything in particular?
seemed pretty straight forward… choose the brush, set the count/deformation type and bam!.. array acquired!..

perhaps things changed? :thinking:

2 Likes

Ah, that’s it. I thought you had to initialize it with some keyboard shortcuts.

1 Like

Yeah, that’d be very helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yep. Tried it, but I haven’t found a use for it so far. The mask quantizing effect is not very apparent. Does anyone know a good example of a use for it?

Is anyone else getting constant crashes with the Array brush? I remember it was a bit buggy before but not this much, I can only do one stroke at best before it freezes and closes Blender :grimacing:

1 Like

Is there a way to report bugs, for the sculpt dev branch?

I don’t think so