The big MagicaCSG and SDF modeling thread

like the colors and how you stylise this
btw the fairy tale “Rotkäppchen” is well known :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, over here in the Netherlands it’s called “Roodkapje”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pikabot, a robotized Pikachu. :robot:

Modeled and rendered in MagicaCSG, slightly post-processed using PhotoScape X.
Based on a Jake Parker drawing.

12 Likes

Working on a cyborg zombie in MagicaCSG…

If you’d like to keep track of the progress of my MagicaCSG works, follow me on Mastodon:

5 Likes

You mean we’re not being kept track of your MagicaCSG works in this thread enough? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :laughing:

So much I’m missing out on…

1 Like

Did you know that being a moderator enables me to ban users when necessary? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, I think you’re right. I love MagicaCSG a lot, but that shouldn’t be an excuse to turn this thread into a personal showcase. So in case anyone is interested in MagicaCSG workflow examples, just visit my Mastodon profile from now on.

Here’s the current status of the Space Cyborg Zombie:

1 Like

:crying_cat_face:

What ? I have to look somewhere else for this from now on ??

…well… you could separate “latest news” and “personal creations”…

…no mod privileges need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

It’s time to respect that this is not the “MagicaCSG Artists” forum. :wink:

I will keep posting MagicaCSG news here though. :+1:

3 Likes

I thought you retired from moderation last year? :sweat_smile:

Personally I think posting your MCSG work here is beneficial/inspiring for people curious about the program and what can be done in it. This is sort of the ‘official’ MCSG thread here, so I think anything related including work people have done is relevant.

6 Likes

I see it the same way. Continue to show us what’s possible, please :smiley:

4 Likes

He stepped back from moderation… not from having this role… so… his posts are quit moderate :wink:

retires… sounds so… well…
2 Likes

Metin also retired Zbrush once or twice afair… It would be hurting his image if he had stepped down from being a moderator for good. :laughing:

Tell me more about new and exciting ways to get banned.^^

2 Likes

Indeed has has. My ‘retired from moderation’ was a cheeky little nod to that. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the love, guys, appreciated!

Good to read this. I’ll continue posting WIPs and renderings then. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did, and wasn’t planning a comeback, until suddenly a storm arose last year, when lots of people accused me of having AI-generated a rendering in an artwork thread of mine. That’s when I realized I missed my moderator powers. :slightly_smiling_face:

These days I’m a moderator on the back burner. Behind the curtain I’m deleting obvious spam accounts, sometimes I move posts between threads, and think along with the other mods when necessary.

5 Likes

Space Cyborg Zombie :zombie:

Based on a 2D character concept by Iain Thody.
Modeled and rendered with MagicaCSG, post-processed in PhotoScape X.

WIPs…

I added some painted elements in MagicaCSG, including the shadow on the wall. After rendering I moved to PhotoScape X to add some slight grunge and color grading.

7 Likes

Sci-fi drone bot. :robot:

Modeled and rendered in MagicaCSG, post-processed in PhotoScape X.

There are some vertical SDF grid artifacts between the lights on the wall, but I kind of liked it, so I decided to leave that as is.

WIPs…

6 Likes

@Metin_Seven: Ever considered having a shot at the ‘Wallace & Gromit’-style (of machinery, that is)?

Do you mean something like their skiing stove?

2 Likes

The unfortunate fish. :fish:

Modeled and rendered in MagicaCSG. Slightly color-graded in PhotoScape X.

4 Likes

Array along a curve in the next MagicaCSG update, including shape morphing between curve control points.

2 Likes