The birthday

featured
(FeralMan) #1

The idea came from my son’s illustrated book with different characters and objects. Among them, I found this cute robot. I thought he is very interesting. I decided to develop a story and show a robot birth, with all it’s intricate details inside.

59 Likes

(BigBlend) #2

Everything is so smooth and nice. The lightning, shading, actually the style is so playful.

1 Like

(FeralMan) #3

The hardest part was to model the bits. After 25 it’s getting boring.)) But speedflow addon saves me from much suffering. I enjoy to set the lights and put all together in the frame and set the light.

3 Likes

(Branden Coker) #4

Love this! Very nice work. The isometric camera angles really compliment this nicely.

0 Likes

(sundialsvc4) #5

Absolutely fantastic detail!

0 Likes

(Daniel Molina) #6

awesome stuff, love the color palette!

0 Likes

(Xard) #7

I’m not sure if it’s intentional or not but the eyes are lit signaling the power is on in the first image.

1 Like

(FeralMan) #8

You have eye of an eagle. Yeah, robot is turn on. And he is alive.) bip-bip-bip.

3 Likes

(Lixuan Wan) #9

Feel comfortable!

0 Likes

(Tedri Mark) #10

Don’t worry, his RAM slots are empty - he won’t remember a thing…

1 Like

(William) #11

This is really cool. Respect for modelling all the bits. As a beginner I can’t imagine choosing to do that much tedious modelling but it adds a lot to the piece I think. Great job. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(FeralMan) #12

Thanks. You get more speed in modeling with practice, knowledge, and addons :joy:.
If you know how to optimize process it’s not so scary to do. Blender booleans help a lot.

0 Likes

(Chris Colina) #13

how i can i do this without using that addon? can you please do a tutorial?

0 Likes

(FeralMan) #14

Yes, I can make a tutor. But it already exists. You can watch on Cedric youtube channel. I use his addons and technics for modeling

0 Likes

(miltron3000) #15

Speedflow doesn’t new features to blender, it takes existing tools and makes them faster to use, and provides a more interactive way to add modifiers and adjust features.

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #16

I featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(djwaterman) #17

I really love this work (a shining example of speedflow in use), it’s so neat and clean, and packed with details.

1 Like

(SandraDau) #18

WoW! Amazing! Actually I have found kids books are often so beautifully illustrated. I notice the robot is in a separate render than the parts, are you planning on putting them together at some point?

0 Likes

(FeralMan) #19

It’s is the finished project. I now working on something new.

0 Likes