The bounty hunter frog

Update :

Hi Everybody!

For my first post I’d like to share with you my latest WIP, “The bounty hunter frog”.

For the moment I’ve done the general shape of the model and I’m working on some details
(only the arms and the head for now)

Feel free to give me some feedback! :spin:

Hey mate, cool sculpture.
The concept looks very much like this one: http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?roPos=1&catDisplay=1&id=1563#.UvUVlBCSwa0
Is this where you inspired from? or is just something from you. Scroll down to check the tutorial, it might help you a bit.
Cheers!

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. The musculature looks great already.

It reminds me ofchrono trigger. The bulbs on his fingers look somewhat large.

Thanks guys for the comments.

For the concept I’m not inspired by any existing design, I did it from scratch.
But the one on 3Dtotal is awesome, if i coud do something as cool as this one it would be great! :slight_smile:

About the fingers I’m refining them, i was not very happy their shape.

I’ve not much time to work on it but I’ll try to do as many updates as I can! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone.
Here’s an update of my model.
I’ve split the body and the armor for more flexibility in the sculpt.
I’ve mostly worked on character’s muscles and I added details on the hands.
I’m quit happy with everything but the end of the toes must be more round in my opinion and
i have to work the back and the legs a bit more.
The next step is adding wrinkles on the skin for a more natural feel.

Right now the sculpt is 2 000k tris and blender starts to slow down :(, if anyone has a tip to deal with that it would be great!

Feel free to comment :spin:

good sculpt!!!

Wonderful sculpt! The combination of human and frog features feel very natural! One way to get better performance is to split your body into sections where you know the seams will be covered with your armor. It’s sucks a bit but even in zbrush people do this to get more bang for their buck. Hope you can squeeze that processor so you can keep it one mesh…:wink:

Thanks secretkeys and Shakedown for the nice comments! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try to keep the model in one mesh for the moment…
I hope that it will not slow too much down! (finger crossed!)

Wow…that sculpt is looking awesome as is, but the idea of Bounty Hunter Frog!!! BAD-ASS!!! I needs me some of that…what is it for, just an image or are you planning something else?

Looks nice. keep working.