The Brushes

This just looks amazing. Great work.

Nice job, ! Liked a lot! Congrats!

Beautiful :slight_smile:

Wow it just awesome. It just can’t be ignored. Amazing!

I cannot add anything more superlative to what’s been said already - just a great great image. One little touch I really liked was putting the wireframe in the image itself - nice recursive imagery there :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for the making-of blog as the airships one was quite illuminating.

This is amazing, Spelle!

just one word: Perfect!

Marco

Thank you! I appreciate it very much.

d_neur: yeah, it was on my mind.

Thanks. Heh, indeed, it’s recursion going on here.
I work on making of, but first I’m going to attend CgEvent 2013 in Moscow with a presentation

Perfect. Just beautiful, congrats!

Wow man! amazing!

Good point. It’s worth a few seconds to look at the full-size image. That really brings it to life!!

Amazing work Spelle!!!

I keep coming back to this thread to look at this piece. It’s simply my favorite. I wish I had a framed version of it to hang on my wall.

Please tell how you made the paint on the inside of the jar! It looks just like real paint and I’m wondering how you made the bump map?

You’re right, bump map plays quite an important role. In short: first layer of bump map was made from color map (diffuse). It was desaturated, inverted and tweaked a bit. Then it was overlayed in material editor with a tiled texture of “paint streaks”. This second layer of bump was needed to add small details. I hope that making-of will be ready and posted pretty soon :).

Great Work!

That’s a damn good work mate! Lighting is mind-blowing and attention to details really impressive.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Brilliant and beautiful work.

You mean to tell me… That this is not a photo?

Cheers, it’s by-far the most photorealistic thing I’ve ever seen in blender.