The Bullet Effect is back!

Thx alot for the good feedback and yes it is normal mapping. There is no way I would try to pump that much raw geometry into the GE lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I cannot say that this is the last iteration of the crates though. They along with objects with a similar style are a major part of the game and I may make changes in the future.

I’m waiting for dx10 cards to come out, and then I’m getting a complete new setup. By that time AMD will have a better quadcore CPU then intel (I hope), so I’ll go with one of those too.

spike>

Crates look nice, keep it up.

Well here is another iteration of the crates. So far I think this style is my favorite.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/536/tbe5fz3.jpg

Definitely the best boxes so far. It think it would look more solid if you close the seems on the edges.

Wait, can you impliment HLSL without using like a custom build of Blender or something? Are you doing this with Python?

Actual the seems are there for a reason and really the only reason they look bad in that pic was because I had my shader doing ambien lighting incorrectly. Ambient light will be the majority of the light in the game.

Here is an updated pic with the ambient light fixed.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8813/tbe6np0.jpg

Dude HLSL is for DirectX. I am using GLSL which is for OpenGL which is what Blender is based in. Where have you been man??? We have had GLSL for like 6th months now. And full ogre integration is on its way!

Yikes, sorry, yeah, I meant GLSL… I wasn’t thinking… And yeah, I haven’t been paying attention to the recent Blender updates either… Thanks for answering anyway… I feel stupid…

Definitely the best boxes so far. It think it would look more solid if you close the seems on the edges.

I think so too. Otherwise, cooool!

I’m waiting for dx10 cards to come out, and then I’m getting a complete new setup. By that time AMD will have a better quadcore CPU then intel (I hope), so I’ll go with one of those too.

I’m thinking of doing a cheap upgrade of the last decent chip that still used AGP, a geforce 6600 gt. I think I saw one for 65 dollars, because I think PS3 is going to be very interesting if it comes installed with Linux. That would be a lot of system for 500 dollars, and I could get a 37 inch “monitor”, because hdtv’s are rivaling them now, and probably pay what a good pc rig would cost me. Be able to watch hdtv movies, play some race car games, and possibly play around with Blender on it.

its been a long time for me seen i work in blender i like blender 242 a but its hard for me so i stay with blender 2.41 think you very much but very cool i wish i know blender like that now i trying to come back it hard but it not easy so here we go

hdr shader…:cool: …are we going to see some of that past work here just curious

Hmmm… Well I have a stress test video I will be posting soon and in the video you will see the current lighting model. Things are very ambient, light comming from all directions. The current lighting setup is fast and simple, but who knows things may change in the future.

The stress test was very kick ass. I got 180 of the crates all on screen and physicaly interacting with a constant 30fps. and thats without the LOD system!

I will get a vid up ASAP

This sounds like a good tutorial in the making…:rolleyes:

Ok here is the video of the stress test.
The video ends with 331 crates on screen with a FPS of 22
I am running on a GeForce 6800.

Google Video or YouTube… Take your pic
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9103974019586797402&hl=en

The good thing is that the frame rate only drops below 30 once I reach 180 all on the screen at one time.

The good thing is that the way this game works there will be hundreds of crates and other objects but there will be no more than 50-75 of them visible on the screen at any given time.

Very nice,

The ambient light and normal maps really kick in to make a big difference.

EDIT*

Now that I look at it a bit closer, I find the crates looking alot like the ones in Valves Portal. Of course their crates look better, but this comes very close.

Really??? I thought my very very very orginal crates from the render look way more like the ones from portal. But I havnt watched the trailer in a while so I could be wrong.

Hmmm where is the Avatar riding a box and holden the camera as she was fallin…

You got it I think the Avatar’s a female

is that stress test in 1.42a’s GE?
looks really cool anyway

Yes it is realtime in the 2.42s GE
Each crate has 670 triangles!