The Bunker

Hey Guys I need some focused critiques on this one.

I wanted to make a bunker or some sort of underground office building corridor scene
and got inspired by some photographs from Adrian Schulz. http://homepage.architekturphotos.de/analysezentrum-I
It’s still WIP …

So here is the render after post processing:

This is the render:

Modeled and rendered with Blender (Cycles, 1000 samples)
post processing in Photoshop.

I rendered this with the help of
www.sheepit-renderfarm.com/
If you don’t know it, check it out!

Let me know what you think :smiley:

Fantastic job.

It looks very believable and realistic. I’m curious about how you intend to use this. Are you making a film or using it in a story-telling capacity, like stills for a graphic novel, etc.?

I’m not sure exactly what you are looking for in terms of feedback. For me, personally, I’d add more contrast. You’ve done a superb job on the lighting and little things like the partial reflections in the floor add a lot of depth, but the photo looks a little flat in my opinion. I’d deepen some of the shadows and make some of the lighted spots brighter. The reason I asked if this is a film is because if it is for stills, you can do this in GIMP quite easily. If it’s for animation, though, that would be a lot of work and you’d have to figure out a way to get those more contrastive values in the scene itself.

Great work.

thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

No it’s not a part of film or something. I created it just for fun and to extend my portfolio
but I had some sort of story in my mind.
It’s an old bunker or factory which is modernize and is used as an office building or something like that.

I worked on this about 3 weeks so just need some other opinions to improve it or point at some faults I don’t see anymore :spin:

Hey. This is a really nice reproduction. Really close. I would suggest increasing the contrast, as mrkdwvr suggests, to get a render which is closer to the reference.

Looks perfect! great work.

Color correction can be easily done in blender i think , do you want the node setup?
btw just renderd one of your sheepit frames too^^

Ah I didn’t quite get it, i thought the above was the reference image.
Sorry

Looked too realistic

thanks for the feedback and helping render it :smiley:

I would use Blender for post processing if sheepit would support OpenEXR as an output file format.
I would also like to do do some noise reduction if I could access the different render passes.
But since there are only png or jpg available and for practice I use Photoshop.

Please post your node setup I would like to see it and I believe some people would find it quite useful.:wink:

I personally really don’t mind a little noise,
if its even noise it also can add some detail^^

The color correction node setup is a dirty hack as it uses an ektachrome camera filter + Raw + Gamma 4.5 (sounds insane but does 90% of the work) snd some little other stuff