the corner [photorealism]

(Andy Goralczyk) #1

i made this yesterday, i tried to make it photorealistic [without any external renderer… :D]. the “idea” of this image is not very new, i guess. i had a look at www.raph.com and saw all those cool photorealistic images of many different places and i wanted to create one by myself with blender.

http://artificial3d.tripod.com/images/corner.jpg [copy and paste if it’s not working]
what do you think of it?

@ndy

(hannibar) #2

lighting is excellent! Did you render in blender?

(Andy Goralczyk) #3

:wink:

(hannibar) #4

Did you render in blender?

Make that a rethoric question. :smiley:

(BgDM) #5

Wow @ndy! That is a great render. Photoreal? Not too sure on that one. It is very good though. Probably the best you can get with Blender.

Nice job!

BgDM

(rndrdbrian) #6

Very very nice!

Reminds me of a level in Outcast.

Nice work.

However, perhaps a small light in the corner will lighten it up a bit & fake radiosity? You probably would get some light bouncing off the floor onto the wall in real life.

looks good though.

Brian

(belac) #7

good lighting! definately well done.

<peace><
belac

“i dream in mesh”

(harkyman) #8

It looks very good. I’d say it looks more like an illustration than a photo, though, which is not a bad thing.

I also have to agree with rndrdbrian, in that you should add a little fake light bouncing around.

(S_W) #9

WOW! :o :o :o Excellent work! The lightning is really impressive!

(Xampersand) #10

Excellent use of light and shadow. Nice work!

(MarMo) #11

GREAT!!!

(eeshlo) #12

Really nice! You definitly captured that bright outdoor light look very well. Used postprocessing on that?

(Haunted-House) #13

Wow that’s really good! Great lighting!

(Friday13) #14

Whoa :o :o :o
Great lighting!!

(kaktuswasse) #15

wuha,please say how you lighted that! It looks a little
bit like star wars.

(Andy Goralczyk) #16

Ok, i’m gonna add some lights for the reflection of the ground…

Yup, it’s a bit postprocessed to give it a “glowing” look.

I used faked GI and 2 spotlights [one for the foreground and one for the background], it wasn’t very difficult.

Thanks for your comments.
@ndy

(Etruscan) #17

yes great lighting I have been trying to get good lighting for a long time tell tell :smiley: