the corner [photorealism]

i made this yesterday, i tried to make it photorealistic [without any external renderer… :D]. the “idea” of this image is not very new, i guess. i had a look at www.raph.com and saw all those cool photorealistic images of many different places and i wanted to create one by myself with blender.

http://artificial3d.tripod.com/images/corner.jpg [copy and paste if it’s not working]
what do you think of it?

@ndy

lighting is excellent! Did you render in blender?

:wink:

Did you render in blender?

Make that a rethoric question. :smiley:

Wow @ndy! That is a great render. Photoreal? Not too sure on that one. It is very good though. Probably the best you can get with Blender.

Nice job!

BgDM

Very very nice!

Reminds me of a level in Outcast.

Nice work.

However, perhaps a small light in the corner will lighten it up a bit & fake radiosity? You probably would get some light bouncing off the floor onto the wall in real life.

looks good though.

Brian

good lighting! definately well done.

<peace><
belac

“i dream in mesh”

It looks very good. I’d say it looks more like an illustration than a photo, though, which is not a bad thing.

I also have to agree with rndrdbrian, in that you should add a little fake light bouncing around.

WOW! :o :o :o Excellent work! The lightning is really impressive!

Excellent use of light and shadow. Nice work!

GREAT!!!

Really nice! You definitly captured that bright outdoor light look very well. Used postprocessing on that?

Wow that’s really good! Great lighting!

Whoa :o :o :o
Great lighting!!

wuha,please say how you lighted that! It looks a little
bit like star wars.

Ok, i’m gonna add some lights for the reflection of the ground…

Yup, it’s a bit postprocessed to give it a “glowing” look.

I used faked GI and 2 spotlights [one for the foreground and one for the background], it wasn’t very difficult.

Thanks for your comments.
@ndy

yes great lighting I have been trying to get good lighting for a long time tell tell :smiley: