The Dynamic Topology Branch is here! Now in Trunk!

o_O you don’t get retopo with UV. You recreate mesh with lower polycount, then UV map it, then bake details from hi-poly mesh to this newly created lowpoly mesh. That’s how it works.

for mapping did anone tried this new free soft

SMAK Normal map generation

http://blenderartists.org/forum/show…=1#post216

thanks

then bake details from hi-poly mesh to this newly created lowpoly mesh

How?
BTW motorsep what you describe is the “fake” retopo method. The same basic principles.
14 months ago… in the sculptris forum… see for yourself. LOL
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?143454-My-beta-testing-doodles

What I described has been done for a long time and is still being done. There is no “fake” retopo. Blender had retopo tools before ZBrush got them :wink:

@motorsep
What zbrush retopo tools now? Where did you see them. It’s a 14 months ago tut.
BTW, zbrush decimation master plugin is far the best. I tested all the others.
Anyway I asked you how you bake details from a hi poly mesh. I very well know how. Do you?

I think you should listen michalis, his contributions with the suggestions are very valuable, he knows how zbrush work and what we need in Blender.

http://youtu.be/038aNfh4AsY?t=5m4s << retopo in ZBrush. The idea is the same for every single 3D app.

You keep not answering my question.
Why did you post a tutorial on zbrush topology?
Is this has to do with the simple fake topology method I just posted?
Please motorsep, answer my question. Or better, I give up. Sorry.

I am sorry Michalis, but there is no such thing as fake retopo. This is how retopo is done. Why don’t you post wires of the retopo you’ve done using decimation master ? Then I can’t tell you that the conventional method is flawed.

You didn’t answer my question.

Which question? I think there is a huge language barrier and no matter what I tell you, I can not get the message across :confused:

Please, how? Without the use of shrinkwrap, you say. OK, how?
No language barrier sir.

@michalis - Shrinkwrap is not needed, you can use it, but not necessary. In Blender you just build a mesh over your hi poly one using snap to face and enable project onto other object, in snap options.

@marcoG_ita
I’m asking motorsep how he bakes hi freq details on a lowpoly mesh.
Indeed how do you capture details on displacement or normal map without using subsurf mod + shrinkwrap?

I never asked how to retopo in blender. NEVER!
You know that I have zb and 3dc here. But on this particular topic, I never used them. I don’t intent to use them until we find some workable solution inside blender. In blender only. As we’re testing dynatopology and possible workflows.

Uploading video I just made for you Michalis,on how to bake normal maps in Blender.

Yep, the discussion was a bit unclear.
I don’t understand very well your question, I mean, you could never capture details (skin pores for example) with sub surf + shrinkwrap.

You have to bake it into a bump/normal/or displacement. So, switch to Blender Render, and bake it! :slight_smile: There are lots of tuts on how to bake in Blender

Lol, nope, shrinkwrap modifier is unuseful for baking. Why keep involving this shrinkwrap thing?

The process is the same even with dynatopo, imported decimated mesh from Zb, Sc, 3DCoat, laser scanned models… You always have to do a second mesh over the hi poly one, generate proper Uvs, then bake hi res detail onto the low poly model. What you produce is a bump/normal/displacement that you have to apply to low poly mesh via shaders.

I’m a bit confused by what you said cause it seems a newbie problem.

video example about the process

Mmm, i think what you’re missing is the right process from 1)hi res sculpt to 2)retopology to 3)Uvs to 4)baking details onto low poly mesh.

Anyways, if I understood what you want to do staying in Blender i’d face it this way:

Dynotopo mesh –> New clean and “retopologized” mesh with face snapping over dynotopo one –> Make nice UVs for the new clean mesh–> Now you have a good starting point to apply Multires and keep adding details onto a clean mesh. No shrinkwrap used.

EDIT: you could even get your clean retopo mesh with Bsurface addon. A must have for retopology.

The video you posted shows a multi res mesh only.
No problem on this, I mentioned it but you don’t read carefully.

So where is another video that explains how to capture details from an imported mesh?
After retopology on top of it, yes, then what?
How to capture details. I insist.
I don’t have to use shrinkwrap modifier you say. ???!

Good grief, took me forever to upload damn video to YouTube :confused: