The edit menu when adding a new object became too small to use

ss_addmenu

CTRL + Middle Mouse + drag does not work. The issue is not present in a new file

Try to reset your Blender’s settings to factory ones, or just re-install it.

Does this also change the startup file back to the default one?

Probably, but you could give it a try. Or just install another version of Blender. Seems like it’s just a bug or something.

yes, if you follow up with the “save startup” one above

1 Like

Tried it with blender 4.0, and the issue does not appear there. Still, might try factory defaults if there’s no other solution. Some addons do not work in 4.0, which is why id rather stay on 3.6.5 for now

As an another workaround with this one, you can try to download 3.6.5 from Steam, if you have an account in there.

Or, just download 3.6.4 and if that helps, wait until 3.6.6 will come out.

I already get blender from steam

Try to get yourself 3.6.4 from here and check if that solves your problem. If so, you may use 3.6.4 as well, I don’t think there would be any huge differences between that version and 3.6.5 anyway, and just wait until new release will come out (3.6.6 or whatever it is).

Or, remove your 3.6.5 and do a clean re-installation of it.

If you got your Blender from Steam, try to download it straight from blender.org

Another way to invoke the added object settings is to use the F9 key. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, but, this is a problem only within this file. Other files in the same blender version are fine and dont see this issue. That’s why im hesitant resetting everything to defaults, since if the error is within the file itself, its probably still going to be here after.

The menu shows up alright, i just cannot access anything in it, since like in the screenshot its all squished down to a square

In this case you may create yourself a new scene and import all objects from your that scene into a new one by using so-called “Append” tool.

Try disabling Load UI settings in File Open.

1 Like

is not blender program is the file that gets currupt fore some reason sometime clean up unused link data blocks helps but, if not justtt make a new file append the objects from ur old currupted and menu will work