The Empire will never lose...

Hi, I have just finished it.

If it doesn’t work, try here:
http://republika.pl/joorva/droid_final.jpg

welcome for c&c :wink:

hah thats awesome!! I tried modeling one of those bots once a long time ago and gave up in a fit of frustration, although I was using lighwave at the time. Maybe its worth another shot. I just think those things are cool.

LMOA! Great work.

BgDM

Nice! sorry, got to be technical, battle droids belong to the Trade Federation, clone troopers and storm troopers belonged to the Empire which didn’t start until around the creation of Darth Vader at the end of episode three, after the trade federations defeat.
So actually those battle droids can’t be of the empire unless you are totally throwing away the movies story line and creating your own :slight_smile:
But nice model just the same.

Ok, so the title is a bit wrong, but the image was great! Modeling is awesome, poses were funny. Most materials were pretty good. Lighting could have been betterif you used some advanced options like AO and soft shadows and such.

Overall, cool!

rofl! awesome!

LOL great to finally see some creativity and variation in Star Wars scenes :smiley: That’s just awesome.

Yewah, really great scene, but I agree with Artistotle, the lighting could have some improvement, don’t let the light come from the camera’s direction,it flattens the image waaay too heavy, give it some depth using soft shadows, as well as dof, which you can paint manually in gimp, or whatever you use,…

Modelling is pretty great I have to say anyways, as well as materials :slight_smile:

blend1988:

But this droids were under Sith lord command (by Federation of course), and Sith lord was a master of the Empire… So droids were protypes of Empire army (clones or troops 8) ). So i think the title isn’t as wrong as it looks :wink:

Artistotle, Rinne:
I used AO (AO shadows are not so strong, because of additional hemi light). Secondly area light and soft shadows were tested. It was looking terrible, belive me :expressionless:

Thanks for opinions :smiley:

we need save in passes here so bad so you can work on shadows highlights refelctions etc in sperate layers!

Indeed, indeed.

BgDM

Wow, great Battle droids, really good looking models. :slight_smile:

You put up a smile on my sleepy face.
Some texture such as matelas are too generic and kill the effect the rest such as the ground tex and lighting give o this images. I mean it’s real like in the movie… apart from that.

hahaha love it!

“our droids train day and night in the best gyms the empire has to offer in the south suburbs, sometimes they take classes with the kids studying dark jedi ways aswell.”

i do concur the trade federation, like the senate and all that jazz, taken over by the empire, thats how the empire is ‘THE’ Empire hehe, cause he takes them all over, so my vote droids are the emporors, cause their so funny! wouldnt you want a couple trying to protect your house? =P

ok, once again great work, good lighting,modelling and texturing.

just made it my desktop lol, great work again :o

but remember the emperor said to shut them all down. sorry to be technical but it really bothers me.

the image is good. i think the angle of the red arm punching pad thing is a little off. but i cant see the arm so i dunno.

:o

hey thats too coooooool :slight_smile: nice model L)

great work! :slight_smile: duplicate it a few more times and make an animation 8)