The Fan Thread!

Well, that render was made for a fellow on there who’s name is mousedroid. So I decided that since he wasn’t too too good (I think he’s a pretty new modeller) that I’d show him “how it’s done”

And yeah, I guess you might can me a star wars fan. A few years ago when I was much younger, I made myself two costumes. Out of tinfoil. :yes:

…That was when I was really young…

:smiley:

That was nice of you.

I figured you were a Star Wars fan, as I can only remember the one brief Death Star scene with a mouse droid in it. I figured you would have had to have seen the movies a few times to be able to model it that well.

I personally am a fan of the Lord of the Rings books and movies, as well as a HUGE fan of the Twilight books. However, I have not seen the movies for Twilight yet.

Naw, I just found reference pics on Google. A twilight fan? Hmm…Well if you do see the movies, then you will be familiar with The Bravery (I mentioned them earlier). They did a song for Twilight.

Ok, I have tried listening to the soundtrack, but without the movie, it is rather boring… I will look up which song they did and see if I am a fan of it. :slight_smile:

Do you have any idea what the name of the song was? Will make it a lot easier to find.

Apparently, some Pandora users don’t like them very much…

“I saw these guys live and I must say they are the worst live band…ever? Their singer is literally tone deaf and couldn’t hit a note with a tennis racket. He was awful. Like so awful I had to comatose myself with delicious Leinenkugels beer to tolerate his screeching…”

Belive it or not, after that , there are positive things posted… :smiley:

It’s called “Ours”.

Love it!!! Thank you!

This song is going on my 900+ list I have of songs I need to download over time. Or download at once if I win the lottery and have that much money to blow… :slight_smile:

Other fandom:

Really, really sugary drinks with NO COFFEE from coffee shops… :slight_smile:

Hehe. Glad you like it. Check out more stuff by them. I like Believe, Time Won’t Let Me Go, This is Not the End, and last but not least, The Spectator!

Great songs.

Time Won’t Let Me Go is the best out of those… They are kinda like Green Day, but without the lead screaming singer, unidentifiable lyrics, and electric guitars roaring in the background. Which pretty much means they aren’t like Green Day at all.

Another one of my fave bands is Daughtry. Probably my favorite song by them is here.

As well as a close second.

Yes, time wont let me go is a great song.

Those two songs are very good as well!

Have you heard 3 Doors Down–Kryptonite? I think it’s an excellent song.

Hear it all the time, a lot of people think it is great, but I didn’t really ever catch onto it…

Kinda like the other two I just posted, however, have you heard this one?

These two bands (Daughtry, and Lifehouse) are literally the same. Even the band members look the same…

Also, I have forgotten the greatest song ever. Which is, coincidentally, the hardest song I have ever tried to find.

From the original Karate Kid movie:

Commuter-Young Hearts.

Have you read The Hobbit, also by J. R. R. Tolkien? It’s the only book of his I’ve ever read, but I thought it was great! I’ve never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies, though…

I have read The Hobbit. It is basically the precessor to the rest of the Lord of the Rings series, though you do not have to read either, as it does not tie in exactly. I enjoyed it as well.

The only book of J. R. R. Tolkien’s that I would advise not to read is The Silmarillion. It goes back into the history before the Lord of the Rings, is around 1,000 pages long, and was the most boring thing I have ever read…

Haha, ok I won’t then. Your post just inspired me to look up Mr. Tolkein, and to discover that, contrary to what I had always thought, he actually lived in the mid to late 1900s and served in both world wars. Since I prefer older authors, I will try to get his Lord of the Rings series.

What other books do you like to read? I enjoy alot of science fiction, such as Robert Heinlein and Isaac Asimov, and am also into more obscure authors which you’ve probably never heard of :wink:

Do you read any spy-fi?

–PinkSkink

I have not read that much sci-fi, but would enjoy reading more. Right now I am reading “The Host” by Stephanie Meyer (the author of Twilight). According to the library sticker on the side it is considered sci-fi… Other than that, besides some of the classic H.G. Wells, etc, I have not read very much of that genre. Got any reccomendations? I am actually struggling to find books that will keep me interested right now.

Since Twilight a couple of months ago, I have not found much to read that I really liked… I started out reading that out of shear desperation, discovered that in spite of my preconceptions I loved it, and read it within a week.

According to my mom it is Sci-Fi.

I write Sci-Fi stories.

Nice!

How is your story coming?

I have a whole bunch.
I have one that’s over 50 pages done ( and a lot more to go). It needs to be checked for consistency errors though.

He is a composer mostly known for making the soundtrack for the show “Miami Vice”, one of the most famouf being “Crockett’s theme”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPrgRjxsZRo

What i love best from him are the synth solos which sound a lot like an electric guitar, but are also different and way more expressive. Like after 3:10 in this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1sWJgVBCzs

Zelda, Shadow of colossus, Final Fantasy

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/09/shadow-of-the-colossus-top.jpg
http://www.game-ost.com/static/covers_soundtracks/l/legend_of_zelda-majoras_mask_front.jpg
http://thegamingliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/FF7HD.jpg

Really? That’s awesome! I write science fiction too! If anyone’s interested, I can link to my story.

I would love to read a story of yours (If you’re OK with that, if not, I understand perfectly).

What is your story about?

–PinkSkink