The final stop

The last stop. The bus terminates here.

More variants if this image are here.

This is my first experience in using of Blender fluid simulator. The full simulation cache (250 frames) with foam, bubbles and spray took about 400Gb on my hard drive and became an occasion to clean up this disk to free some space for it. Later the cache was deleted and re-baked; although I didn’t change the quality settings, the new cache took only 100Gb.

The work took about 25 hours (the time for rendering and simulation baking is not included).

45 Likes

And when you say “terminates”, you really mean it. :wink:

Oh good, now I know what to prepare for when I attempt something like this. As in, buy a new drive.

It looks great! (My only criticism would be that some of the bumping, especially on the pleather, is a bit high.)

2 Likes

That is really nice! Nice atmosphere. The fluid sim looks really good.

How can the simulation chace possibly take up 400 gigabytes? I don´t know how any of that stuff works but seems there must be some inefficiencies in that considerign an entire PC game is like 100GBs?

How long was the baking?

2023-01-13_19-58
It seems Blender saves a water mesh (which is pretty high-poly) for every frame. And particles too.

≈12 hours

I think having 0.5-1Tb of free space is a good idea. Maybe on an external HDD.

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

The lack of lights on the 4th image hiding the details.

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this incredible artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on water-simulation in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

2 Likes