The first scene of my new shortfilm

excellent work. lookin’ forward to the full movie.

I found it a little odd that the gigantic mountain in the background has a snowcap. I don’t live in the desert though, so I may be wrong. Kudos to the character animation, very smooth and well paced. I think you could add a few sound effects, like when he licks his lips and a few faint air whiffs when he kicks his leg. I’m just nitpicking, but I think it would help.

:stuck_out_tongue: :o is all i have to say im astounded

that is impressive i love the style. I have no crits.

Both me and my roommate cracked up when we saw this. Very good comic timing, in my opinion. If the rest of it will be this funny, you’ve definitely got a good piece of work. :slight_smile:

Whoa! After watching another 1000 times, I noticed the little things you did, like the movement of the tree. What method did you use to get the tree movements? It was awesome! And the texture on that rock is phenomenal.

The tree is animated simply with armatures, the rock texture is a combination of procedural and the well-known ‘concgray.jpg’ texture. The big mountain was made in terragen. The tree was made with L-system, after dozens of trying.
The film is not my own idea. I make it with my pal. He is tha hand-drawer, and the music talent. And the 67.5% of character ideas is his too. But all the 3d worx are mine. The story is complete from of old, and i can tell you, this film will make your ass laughed off :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to see it. :slight_smile: You’ve done a great job so far. :slight_smile: